Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That's interesting. I've not had that happen, but I can see how it might. You may be right on target that a bigger surface contact point would help. Another option would be to pick a jack point that has a natural limitation against side to side motion. I know that the front end of my rock rails will do this because there's a tube bend on one side and a stringer on the other, but I'm not sure about the rear end! My ARB bumper has jack points by design, and my rear bumper has a couple of sweet spots that I've used repeatedly, but I've certainly seen ground where the options for placing the foot of the jack were very limited. Based on your comment, I may have to doc-fab a rock rail grabber... just in case. ;)
The factory rails are uniform from back too front. Would be nice if there was a bend of some sort that could be used. Chocking the wheels I imagine would also help to prevent this somewhat. But for the money, I would rather be safe than sorry. I guess it looks like I will be ordering soon. If I had the skills I would make one myself also and save some cash for other mods.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I just called and ordered the Badland Bumpers Jack Cradle adapter for the Hi Lift. You can't beat the deal. I spoke with Jeff. Really nice guy. He said he has them for 2" and 3" diameter rails. They come powdercoated red for $40.00 plus standard shipping of $8.95. I finally spent every last penny of my Christmas cash. See the links below. The second link is a pic.

Contact
Links

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: High Lift Jack and Warn rear bumper?

I'm looking for a way to securely mount my 48" High-Lift jack to the two welded shackle (41" apart) mounts on my REAR Warn bumper. Looks like it should easily fit, and plenty on room below the rear spare tire. Anyone consider/figure this out yet?

I love this forum. Plenty of engineers (with and out degrees) to help us all out.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I just called and ordered the Badland Bumpers Jack Cradle adapter for the Hi Lift. You can't beat the deal. I spoke with Jeff. Really nice guy. He said he has them for 2" and 3" diameter rails. They come powdercoated red for $40.00 plus standard shipping of $8.95. I finally spent every last penny of my Christmas cash. See the links below. The second link is a pic.

Contact
Links
Thats a great price. Did they have them in stock or are they made to order?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Thats a great price. Did they have them in stock or are they made to order?
I talked to him about an hour ago and he said he will be shipping it out in the morning.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I recieved my adapter from Badland Bumber today. $48 including shipping. They are very well made. Quick Shipping Friendly Service. I highly reccomend this vendor.

FJ Woods

Contact Info:
Jeff Kelson
Badland Bumpers Mfg.
26611 309th Ave. SE.
Ravensdale, Wa. 98051
Office, 360-886-0601
Cell, 206-255-6219
Home

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
^^^ Great Deal...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I tried getting these from another vendor, and found there was a 3 week backorder, plus they cost and additional $25. I don't see how there can be any advantage over these

FJwoods

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I went with the WabFab adapter because it's longer. You'll have a wider clearance between the FJ doors (body) and the Hi-Lift.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can see the benefit of it being longer. I guess I will just try to be careful when using to keep it away from the door.

FJwoods

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone know which size to order. I have been looking at the SBE and Wabfab. SBE only has the 2" ones available and it seems to come with a nice quick release pin. The Wabfab shows two sizes, but takes 2 weeks. Both companies look like small operations, not that thats bad, but any insight would be helpful. I'm running OEM sliders.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone know which size to order. I have been looking at the SBE and Wabfab. SBE only has the 2" ones available and it seems to come with a nice quick release pin. The Wabfab shows two sizes, but takes 2 weeks. Both companies look like small operations, not that thats bad, but any insight would be helpful. I'm running OEM sliders.
The WabFab adapter works fine w/my OEM sliders but people complain that it takes too long to get them from them. The only thing "extra" that I did was to glue some serrated vinyl in the cradle to prevent scratching and improve grip, which you can and should do w/any other similar adapter.

WabFab is run by a single guy. He batches the orders for the slider adapters and doesn't submit them for fabrication until he has enough of them to warrant placing the fabrication order. So, if you want to buy one from him, you should call and ask him how many orders he has and how many more he needs to submit them for fabrication.

If you're in a hurry to get one and he doesn't have enough orders currently, it would probably be best to buy one elsewhere.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree if I had known it was going to take this long I would have looked elsewhere.

I ordered mine the end of June in the hope I would have it by the Summit. I emailed him today and his auto reply said they are still at "the machine shop"

Then again if you order a set I might see mine this century!

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
WabFab service is horrible, no communication poor follow through. I placed an order it took over 4 months to arrive.

If you can cancel and order elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
TRDParts4U was selling these adapters at their table at Summit. I just looked at their website and couldn't find any but you might want to get in touch with them and see if they have any?

·
Registered
427 Posts
FWIW, I emailed these folks: SBE - Contact Us
I received an email the same day and placed an order. For whatever reason some web browsers don't direct you to paypal to complete the order but firefox worked and I just got an email last night with the tracking number as it shipped already. They told me the 2" one was designed for the FJ. I also liked this one as it has the quick release pin vs. having to unbolt it.

FWIW, I ended up needing to jack up the sliders this weekend doing my 3"lift. a rag worked just fine...lol and as others have mentioned, opening the door first keeps the jack from leaning into the door. The adapter will make me feel more secure on a trail or similar vs my garage floor.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Here is what I got. Fits perfect! I might spray the lip with a plastic dip. I like the pin, as I won't leave it mounted on the jack all the time.

·
Registered
599 Posts
WabFab service is horrible, no communication poor follow through. I placed an order it took over 4 months to arrive.

If you can cancel and order elsewhere.
Wish I had known this earlier. Asked Wabfab for a refund after 2+ months of waiting...got an automated reply saying another delay is happening due to them busy getting kids into sports/back to school. I know kids take a lot of time and I also appreciate that anyone's family is more important than time at the office, but come on....

21 - 40 of 57 Posts