Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished building my high lift jack mount. I did it with the eBay weight hangers and did my own SS stud and components. If anyone wants to build some let me know. Super easy an I think I was only about $30 total. I have some extra locks around that work for locking it to the rack. ImageUploadedByAG Free1363062779.388337.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1363062794.131698.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those that haven't seen them elsewhere.
You order 2 of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clamp-on-Frame-Bracket-Weight-bracket-1-3-4-FJ-Cruiser-/370775329243?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5653ee89db&vxp=mtr

Then you need 4 fender washers, 2 lock washers and 2 wing nuts (all stainless steel). You cut some 1/2" threaded rod to 3.5" long and your good to go.

If someone is interested I have some left over threaded rod I would donate to your cause and I also have a bunch of gun locks that I use to lock it on I would give you. Great cheap high lift mount.

Nate

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
For those that haven't seen them elsewhere.
You order 2 of these:
Clamp on Frame Bracket Weight Bracket 1 3 4" FJ Cruiser | eBay

Then you need 4 fender washers, 2 lock washers and 2 wing nuts (all stainless steel). You cut some 1/2" threaded rod to 3.5" long and your good to go.

If someone is interested I have some left over threaded rod I would donate to your cause and I also have a bunch of gun locks that I use to lock it on I would give you. Great cheap high lift mount.

Nate

I decided to go this route. Ordered a pair from them and they were here in less than a week. Now I just need to get out and find the rest of hardware to complete. Thanks for the write up.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Looks great! That's what I did. Anybody who'd pay $70+ a pair is out of their mind. I made six in about an hour, with everything else purchased from Lowes. Looks like the price went up by a buck on the brackets. Still a good deal. I think it took three days for them to arrive in the mail. Great seller.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just finished building my high lift jack mount. I did it with the eBay weight hangers and did my own SS stud and components. If anyone wants to build some let me know. Super easy an I think I was only about $30 total. I have some extra locks around that work for locking it to the rack. View attachment 71125 View attachment 71126

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm looking at going this route, and just wanted to see how its help up after 2 or so years. Thanks!

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have the same setup with 0 issues for a year.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Mine have been on for 4+ years with zero issues.
Don't see the need to pay way more for the pricier ones other than the shiny bling factor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts