Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All-

I have a 2007 C.P.O. Cruiser purchased about 3 months ago. Noticed just today that when I have the fan/vent on, no matter what speed (lo-med-hi), there is a high pitched constant humming noise coming from the vents. When I step on gas while driving, it goes away. When I am coasting to a stop sign, it resumes. When I turn the fan off, sound gets SLOWER, then goes away. The AC was on when this was happening, did not try it yet with AC off and just fan on to see if problem persists. I dont want to take to dealer as I am a young female and dont know if I can trust them as I have not used their service department yet. I have a good mechanic, but he takes forever. Is this something the dealer could really rake me over for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
have you taken it in to get it looked at? its probably nothing major, but I just bought the darn thing!
I think the sound you are hearing is coming from the fan for the cabin air. It is located behind the glovebox. I have the same problem and have not figure out how to make it stop, beside turning up the radio:lol:

·
Registered
699 Posts
When mine is noisy, I change the cabin air filter by dropping down the glove box, pulling the white cover off and pulling out a filthy filter.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Is my EX in your truck??:rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts