21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well you herd em. thats the answer to your technical queston about RPM's. :rofl::rofl::jester::jester::lol::lol:
yeah well.... I told my fj "we're not gonna play with Rob anymore"

and everything is normal again..........

no but seriously, I suspect injectors, would make sense, slight vibration, power loss, but then again it could be mechanical damage due to oil starvation

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
For those that may read the off road magazines, one took a 2007 Fj cruiser back in 07, DID a SAS on it, 42's and super charger on a bare stock engine. then they took it on the Ultimate adventure and you can watch the dvd as they hold it in the rev limiter for more than just a sec or 2! Im talking up the side of rock cliffs, through deep mud holes and drove this thing for 2 to 3000 miles over a week, doing this off road and then driving long distance on road.... I dont think Toyota would go through the trouble of installing a rev limiter that would allow damage if hit for any reasonable period.. kinda defeats the pupose!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nah 2 seconds on the rev limiter wont hurt , I redlined our FJ for like 3 seconds the other day and the engine is still as smooth as butter with 32k miles on it lol . Just dont do it daily is preferable ..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts