Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see who can post the highest Gauge Cluster Tempature. This picture was taken last July near the Diamond mines in Arkansas....100:flame:degrees.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, it say's 100. I could read it easily before posting.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Last year it 107 here!! Right now it is 7:45 and it is 101. I'm sure it will hit 110 this summer.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Great thread! I'd love to see a picture from Death Valley on one of those incredibly hot days.
Arkansas and 100 degrees can FEEL like 130!

M

G

·
Great thread! I'd love to see a picture from Death Valley on one of those incredibly hot days.
Arkansas and 100 degrees can FEEL like 130!

M
As you wish! It's hard to appreciate the heat because it's so dry. I typically perspire quite a bit but was dry as a bone hiking around Death Valley. Literally 1 minute after getting back in my air conditioned car, I would be dripping. Get to the next viewpoint, step out of the car and dry off again in 5 minutes flat. I lived in Chicago for 5 years and I'll take the dry heat any time.

This pic shows 114 degrees but look at the time. It hit 117 earlier that day.

Here's a pic in Titus Canyon which is an easy and picturesque trail there.
It's hard to tell but it's like 110 in the shade there.

I have more pics but not as many as I'd have liked. Word to the wise - make sure your digicam batteries are charged or it just becomes a paperweight.:mofo: On another side note, I've grown up in SoCal near the beach and never appreciated the desert. I thought it was hot and desolate. Death Valley never interested me until I actually visited. IT IS AMAZING!!! If you have even the slightest interest in geology, geography, American history, ghost towns or just feeling the dryest heat you could imagine - you'll be blown away.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Mine showed elevendy-seven the other day. Oh wait, I don't have a temp guage.

·
Premium Member
17,099 Posts
Last summer while visiting my Mom in Phoenix for a couple of days, I remember it registering at 111 in the afternoon. I know you AZ FJers have probably seen higher temps. Chris

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
As you wish! It's hard to appreciate the heat because it's so dry...
Wow! I don't really like the heat but it's nice looking at it from my living room where it's 70 without any air/heat. :)

M

G

·
It seems there are a few 117'ers which makes me wonder if that's the temperature that maxes out the guage.:thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
117 whehhhhhhhh now that is hot!

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Last year in Moab, it hit 111. Then, while running Hell's Revenge, the gauges on all 7 FJs dropped to 77 and remained there until we exited that trail. The gauges then went back to around 107.

Mic said it was a magnetic vortex but he's usually fullaschit, so who knows.

·
Registered
499 Posts
wow, i never thought it would get this hot!

were having a heat wave here in east pa, temp today is running around 98-100. i had the fj parked rear into the garage with the nose sticking out to play with the rear a little, i was going to pull out when triple digits on the cluster caught my eye! snapped a pic and ran back up here :p

gotta leave now though, heres the pic, ill post another update if i catch something even hotter today

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
Was the engine hot & off when you took this photo? The reason I asked is because of the location of the sensor (in front of the radiator), I've noticed that the sensor will pick up the heat coming off the radiator when the engine is shut down and the fan isn't bathing the sensor in ambient air. The gauge has spooked me a few times as well on re-starts but drops back down to an accurate ambient reading after the engine has been running for a few minutes or you drive off.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
499 Posts
Was the engine hot & off when you took this photo? The reason I asked is because of the location of the sensor (in front of the radiator), I've noticed that the sensor will pick up the heat coming off the radiator when the engine is shut down and the fan isn't bathing the sensor in ambient air. The gauge has spooked me a few times as well on re-starts but drops back down to an accurate ambient reading after the engine has been running for a few minutes or you drive off.

DEWFPO
Definitely, Started driving and it dropped to 104 F in a matter of seconds. Drove a little more and it evened to the 98 F it should be.

It's still cool! :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts