Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, yesterday a lady backed into my parked FJ. I attached a picture of the damage. Just wondering if anyone has any specific advice when dealing with auto body shops and FJ's. It's a 2010 in really good shape with no other damage. I really want to come out the other side with as good if not better then before the accident.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That bumper looks great, do you have a link for it ?

Yes I reported incident with her info. I was filling up at the pump and she started backing up and didn't stop until she hit my FJ.... As if filling up the truck doesn't suck enough right now then it gets hit ...
I have the footage from the gas station.
When she got out her first words were "it's not my fault "
I just got her info and didn't engage.
If I can come away from this with it looking as good as yours I will be in a much better mood.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'd like to think when there's footage with me outside my vehicle and her backing into me it would be an open shut case but I know what you're saying.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I guess so. Doesn't it just piss you off when people don't take responsibility for their actions ? It's been happening to me a lot lately. Gets on my nerves.
I'm minding my own business , someone hits the vehicle I worked hard for and saved up to pay cash for, take good care of it and then due to their own negligence it might come down to me taking initiative and action to prove I'm right just to get the vehicle back to how it was before it happened. Drives me up the wall. You make the mistake it's your responsibility to fix it.
There's my rant !!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Holy crap that looks amazing. How long have you owned it for ?
I am getting mine set up for a trip around the perimeter of my province (Nova Scotia) should be a slow trip maybe 3 weeks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Okay plot thickens today...
Normally I would just trust a cut and dry situation like this to play out but after talking on here and with the weird vibes I got from this lady I went and filed a police report in addition to the insurance report I already filed.
While I was there I asked if they would run her info to see if she was a cop (had a picture of her driver's license) they were happy to do that and said she wasn't a cop, at least not in this province. I guess she could have been in another province at some point and maybe that's what she meant when she said "I'm a cop" but anyways I'm glad I'm crossing my T's for this situation.

Yes I have been checking out bumpers. I like that one data jockeys has but would like to see what you guys have and recommend

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
To the insurance guys , is it a possibility in your experience for the insurance company to Write me a cheque for the amount of repair estimate? Just thinking about options but I'm looking at it now and considering replace the light and fender myself and use the rest of funds to put towards bumper and other parts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ok CAA called me and said it was a not at fault accident. That's great, I was a bit worried about that. So that's that part out of the way. They will cover me for $1500 of rental vehicle. I tow a trailer for my business so I need a truck. Rental agency doesn't have any trucks for three weeks and you aren't allowed to tow with them if you do get one or it voids their liability insurance. Great.
CAA said they do not pay the person, only direct to the body shop.
The collision center can't get me in til Aug 23 and told me to expect to wait 3 months for Toyota parts.
At least the manager at the collision center seems like a guy I'd trust with my vehicle but still Just generally pissed off at the whole situation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts