Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my new Thule Trailblazer hitch bike rack on today, start up the FJ, and BEEEEEEEP!!!! I'm thinking, wtf?? I turn off the parking sensor, and beep goes away. oh dear, LOL!! Guess I'm on my own in reverse when the rack is on, ha!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same thing happened to me the first time I put a hitch rack on. Isn't that just the case - when it's most important to have some extra help backing up, the reason you need the help prevents you from getting it!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I sense a mod. Some way to temporarily 'extend' the parking sensors and attach them to the end of the bike rack.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sense a mod. Some way to temporarily 'extend' the parking sensors and attach them to the end of the bike rack.

hmmm.... I'll have to see what my husband can come up with. While he's not particularly handy, he IS an electrical engineer...... :thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
What's next? extending sensors on trailers too? I get and dig what you folks are saying though :) Any further margins of safety are good things!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would only pose it to him as a challenge. Believe me, he won't touch my FJ. ;)

I am used to using mirrors thanks to my Tacoma. And I can even look around and see things in the FJ, especially with the window rolled down and my neck sticking out. :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ditto for me, RobbTC on the reminder - I leave the beeper on mine switched on as well so I don't forget the rack is back (since I can't see it from inside).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts