Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/general-discussion/60924-debadging-fj-tt.html

I just did mine today actually. There are four bolts, and four snap tabs on the top. Just give it a good pull after removing the bolts and it comes right off. Sand it, tack cloth it, adhesion promoter, 3 coats of flat black, done.
If you can still get to an Autozone, pick up some sand paper, and then i have used and will continue to use duplicolor clear adhesion promoter (2coats) and the 3-5 coats of krylon fusion (for plastics) in flat black. This is what i have used for all the pieces i have painted black. Post some pics when you get done.

i might be doing mine soon too

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can buy the black one that comes on the trail teams edition now. No painting at all!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dr. Quest...............I have the Trail Teams Edition and the panel is silver if you have a hitch. Where did you see one that is black that covers an installed hitch? I am very interested as my dealer told me yesterday that it is not available or existent! More info please!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Spend 5 minutes masking it off and go to it. I did mine that way. Looks perfect
It takes less than 5 to remove it. AND you can sand around the edges better and get it a better job done if it is removed. For other jobs where the removal is more detailed and hard (mirrors, bumper wings) i would suggest either, removal or taping off. But this piece is SO easy to remove.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The hitch panel is available in black from Toyota. Pricey at $95. Part # 5216935060.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.