Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey man I would love to go out but I might have to work. Let me know with the whole fire issue either way cause I am thinking the following weekend I wanna go. Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Around the mariposa area highway 49 to darrah rd. I believe they might be restricted because of the huge fires that are going on in yosemite.As I watch the news it says stay in doors around that area, which ehh no biggie. But I would love to go up this weekend but we'll see with work. pkelly mentioned this place to me a few weeks ago as I have never been there but have been around that area. Keep us posted pkelly.

·
Registered
337 Posts
530Fj, I hope its open for you, but it might not be. I canceled a backpacking trip to Yosemite this week due to that fire. I had heard that at Coulterville the visibility was down to a mile and all that smoke was seriously unhealthy. If I'm going to pollute my lungs, it'll be with a fine Domincan cigar...not 25,000 acres burning.

I actually got a call from a friend in So Cal asking me if I started it since it was due to "target shooting." Anyways, as of today it was 45% contained. Here's the info from the Yosemite NPS website: Yosemite National Park - 2008 Fire Activity (U.S. National Park Service)
No word on restricted access though...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well ya either way it's no big deal. These fighters are puttin shiit out all over california and much respect goes out to all of them. I believe pkelly the original op is a fighter also. If it means putting off a few weeks til I can go up there oh well. I will be headed back up home to Chico so I will be looking for new spots to wheel up there soon!!! So if anyone knows please fill me in. Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke to some of my friends in the Forest Service and they said to cancel the Hites Cove trip. The gates are closed. They might be open in the next few weeks.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Umm no ideas I was looking forward to that. I do have to work sunday til about 4ish were extracting honey all day so maybe after that sometime. Then tuesday headed to santa cruz for a few days, then back to chico on monday. I would really like to hit up something before I head out. I have no ideas and I have lived in this area for 20 years. very sad...hahah

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the West side there's Hollister. Over to the East there are many different options.

I'll look into it tonight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ya I've known about hollister but who knows I wanna go somewhere new. I have been to hollister but not with the FJ. Let me know what you come up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts