Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Story

I have a 2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Black Cherry. I got the FJ when I was 15 years old on December 23, 2010. My parents surprised me by taking me out to eat and when walking out of the restaurant the FJ was sitting right out by my dads land cruiser. I was completely shocked and very excited. But what I didn't know is I had e-mailed St. Augustine Hyundai about an FJ a few months earlier about an FJ and was informed by them that the FJ had been sold to a person in Miami. While the sales rep was telling me that the FJ was sold he was talking to my mom coming up with a lie about the FJ so I would not expect anything. I was kinda mad when he said the FJ was sold because it had the perfect amount of mileage and also had a very low price. This build is going to be a slow but awesome. :rocker:

Here are some photo's the day I got it

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Suspension and Wheels

The next Christmas in 2011 I got another massive surprise from my parents! (Don't Judge on the picture it was early) Icon Ext Travel Coilovers!

Once I saved up all of my nickels and dimes I got the Icon 2.0 Shocks and the Icon 2" springs!

Later i got a steal on some silver 16" TRD rims down in Atl from a fellow forum member Gbonilla01

I had 265/70/17 Mastercraft tires that were original from when I got it so it looked a little goofy. However just to my luck I got a blowout on my driver rear and my parents thought it would be a good idea to just get all new tires. We went to discount tire and my dad wanted me to get the 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers but I wanted the Trail Grapplers and was willing to pay the difference. He ordered the Terra Grapplers probably just to push my buttons. When I went to get the tires put on Discount Tire rolled my FJ out of the bay with Trails. Yet again my parents had surprised me and all of the people at Discount Tire had been in on it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Interior

20% tint all the way around

Bazooka Sub from a fellow forum member Gbonilla

Otterbox clip on iphone holder
I took some 3M outdoor double sided tape and used the Otterbox clip that came with my case to make a convenient phone mount. I also ran the aux cable though my glove box and to the side of the FJ where it would be easy to connect my phone for music.

Just added a Belkin Aircast Bluetooth adapter for my Iphone 5.

Amazon.com: Belkin Bluetooth Car Hands-Free Kit for Apple iPod, Apple iPhone, BlackBerry,and Android Smartphones, US Version: MP3 Players & Accessories

This piece fits relatively nicely and is very convenient. I would recommend this product to anyone!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Exterior

Rigid Dually D2 Spot in front lower grill. I would recommend these lights to anyone. They are very durable and put out an amazing amount of light for how small they are.

Borla Xr-1 Exhaust (Sounds amazing) Sound clip coming soon

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
FJ Action :rocker:

Nothing like a little mud!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
GoPro Vids

More FJ Action to come

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Nice to see another young gun repping the BC!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Lookin good. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks guys! If y'all have any suggestions on what I should do next feel free to post them!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Since you have Ext Travel coilovers, you should probably invest in aftermarket UCA's. I maybe completely wrong but I'm pretty sure that having the ext travel with no UCA can cause the stock UCA to fail quicker (cant handle the ext travel) or the or the coilover isnt operating at full potential (limited by stock UCA). Cool to see another young FJ'er. I got mine when I was 16 years old (19 now) but wasnt lucky enough to have parents to buy me mods for xmas!! Good luck man!

On a different note, my uncle owns a hunting/fishing resort in Paris, TN. Not sure how far away that is in reference to Franklin but if I make it up into that neck of the woods I'll be sure to keep an eye out for ya! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Thanks guys! If y'all have any suggestions on what I should do next feel free to post them!
Get rid of the predators and get some real sliders.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man it looks great are you going to be putting on off road front and rear bumpers?
Ya definitely after I get some sliders and new UCA's I will start to work on getting the bumpers

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys its about time that I invest in some new UCA's and was wondering if you have any suggestions to get. I was leaning toward the Icon Tubular UCA's because I can get them for around $550. I was also looking into the Light Racing but am kinda concerned with how much of a bargain they are. Post up your ideas! Thanks

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hey guys its about time that I invest in some new UCA's and was wondering if you have any suggestions to get. I was leaning toward the Icon Tubular UCA's because I can get them for around $550. I was also looking into the Light Racing but am kinda concerned with how much of a bargain they are. Post up your ideas! Thanks
I'm throwing icons ext. travels like yours with the LR UCA"s this christmas, along with the icon rear shocks and springs. My suspension is shot, waaayyy too much abuse and weight for what it is. I've heard great things about the LR. Talked to a guy who owns a taco and had the total chaos, much similar to the icons tubulars, and said he wished he went with the LR. From what I hear, LR's are low maintenance and great for my use.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm throwing icons ext. travels like yours with the LR UCA"s this christmas, along with the icon rear shocks and springs. My suspension is shot, waaayyy too much abuse and weight for what it is. I've heard great things about the LR. Talked to a guy who owns a taco and had the total chaos, much similar to the icons tubulars, and said he wished he went with the LR. From what I hear, LR's are low maintenance and great for my use.
The Icons are definitely the way to go :rocker: and thanks for the insight!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts