Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Any new news on a Houston club yet?
I don't see it ever happening, maybe if you have one in your area...Cypress Cruisers, Inside the Loop Cruiser, Beltway Bandit Cruisers, Humble Cruisers, etc...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I wanted to run lead but I will be in el paso for the next year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey me and a couple of my FJ friends are going to be at this address
10541 FM 1960 Suite 404, Houston, TX 77070 (it is basically at Jones and 1960) Tomorrow after 11:00 am if any one want's to swing by is one of my friends shop. I'm gonna do some stuff on my FJ. You guys or girls are really welcome. There will be beers for sure. Maybe we can start getting together and talk some more about the Club.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I would be in for a Houston club.
Man, I've seen you out on I-10 in the Katy area...I have a lifted Black Diamond with a tube bumper, black wheels...

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Hey me and a couple of my FJ friends are going to be at this address
10541 FM 1960 Suite 404, Houston, TX 77070 (it is basically at Jones and 1960) Tomorrow after 11:00 am if any one want's to swing by is one of my friends shop. I'm gonna do some stuff on my FJ. You guys or girls are really welcome. There will be beers for sure. Maybe we can start getting together and talk some more about the Club.
Hey thats not far from where I live... except right now I live in a rainforest with roads...:rofl:

:cheers:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think i caught a glimpse of a lifted black Fj, but didnt notice your tube bumper(i would have chased you down to see it, as ive been considering one.)
I bought the fj for my wife two months ago, but after the lift she had a hard time getting in/out so we got her a tahoe and i got the Fj.
Know of any good places to go wheeling in the Houston area?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I think i caught a glimpse of a lifted black Fj, but didnt notice your tube bumper(i would have chased you down to see it, as ive been considering one.)
I bought the fj for my wife two months ago, but after the lift she had a hard time getting in/out so we got her a tahoe and i got the Fj.
Know of any good places to go wheeling in the Houston area?
There are a couple of places locally but the cater to the ATV crowd. Down South Offroad in Crosby and General Sam's in Huntsville.

You should really try to make it out to Wheeltoberfest Oct 21-23!

·
Registered
89 Posts
If work permits I will deff. make it out.
I may go check out down south offroad today with the family. I would like to take advantage of this great weather while we have it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Crosby was fun(First time to an off road park.) I could see myself getting bored rather quickly once I get used to it. You can tell it's geared more towards the ATV's as some of the trails are a bit narrow for the FJ.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Crosby was fun(First time to an off road park.) I could see myself getting bored rather quickly once I get used to it. You can tell it's geared more towards the ATV's as some of the trails are a bit narrow for the FJ.
Agreed, there are some cool trails there, but the "play" areas are pretty small, but it definitley helps scratch the wheelin' itch when you can't take a whole weekend to go and wheel.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Is Uncle Sams any better?
General Sam's, and not really. It used to be pretty good, but they cater mainly to the ATV/Mudder crowd, so I would proceed with caution.

If you can get the time off, you'll really like the terrain at Hidden Falls.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Where is this place?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Where is this place?
Down South Offroad
It's fairly close to I-10 and 610 on the east side of town.
If you guys go again, let me know. Friday at 3pm or Saturday morning at 8am are the best times, before the ATV crowd is up and rowdy. Trust me, they fly through the trails the FJ is like an elephant out there in comparison.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Can't go this Saturday, I'll be getting ready to go out of town, plus I need to get some things in order before Wheeltoberfest.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts