Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor has it CBC is dropping the iconing "Hockey Night in Canada" theme song.

This is just wrong.

Anyone else hear about this?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Haven't heard of this til now. I call BS! Thats THE song. Can't change it now or they will have a ton of confused people changing channels for 3 hours looking for Don and Grapes!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
CBC pays $500 everytime the song is played. They have renewed the rights to the song every year with Dolores Claman, but they decided not to renew the rights to the song this year - so no more Hockey Night in Canada thing. Maybe the CBC will outlaw Christmas next because it too is a tradition, and has been around for years.....very dumb idea CBC....

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
This is just wrong!!!!!
They have started a group on FaceBook to save the song.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
they say its because they want to go in a new direction but i think its more to due with a lawsuit filled by the owner of that songs rights also they were seeking exactly the same amount as the previous contract cbc is acting real stupid

either way i call foul that song has so many memories for me !

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It's wrong, wrong, wrong!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Yeah I heard this yesterday too. If they drop the song it will be a BIG mistake, it's a Canadian icon and a Saturday night tradition. But wasn't there a rumor a few years ago that they were going to drop Grapes?? Hopefully, they get their sh*t together!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I walked down the ile at my wedding to this song and think this is unacceptable.
Don't mess with a man's wife,
Don't mess with a man's car,
Don't mess with a man's favorite TV show theme song!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yes, heard that today. That's just WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!:flame::flame::flame::flame:

·
Registered
464 Posts
This is such BS :flame:. It's like the time a few years back that Ron Maclean was going to leave. The public backlash fixed that quick and I think it'll be the same thing with this.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Couldnt find the facebook group.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
The facebook group is under Sports & Recreation - Professional Sports. Its called Save the Hockey Night in Canada Theme Song!!!! Yesterday there were 343 members today there are over 1400 signed up. Join now to save a part of our national identity.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
It will be weird without Maclean and Cherry.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts