Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there was some discussion in a couple other threads about doing a meet-and-greet somewhere followed by a hollister run this coming saturday. why don't we just have the meet-and-greet at hollister? i would be game considering i'm still bummed that i'm not in ouray (next year!).

anyone up for playin' in the dirt?

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
YOu guys have fun ! Watch out for lost hollow trail.. Wish I could go but I will be camping in big sur this weekend!!
I understand that Hwy 1 has been reopened, but isn't there still a BIG fire still going on down there? They're even worried it might reach Carmel Valley. :eek:

In any event, let us know what the conditions are when you get back. :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
there was some discussion in a couple other threads about doing a meet-and-greet somewhere followed by a hollister run this coming saturday. why don't we just have the meet-and-greet at hollister? i would be game considering i'm still bummed that i'm not in ouray (next year!).

anyone up for playin' in the dirt?
I'd be interested in a meet & greet somewhere nearby this Saturday, but not in Hollister.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I understand that Hwy 1 has been reopened, but isn't there still a BIG fire still going on down there? They're even worried it might reach Carmel Valley. :eek:

They are wrapping that fire up. It's called the Basin Complex and it should be handed back to the Los Padres NF sometime soon.

Here's a good website to look at large fires: InciWeb: California Incidents

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

Yeah we were thinking that they might be closed but we called them last week and they said that they were still open and air quality was great! They told us to call this weekn just to make sure things were good to go..
So I am hopeful...:cheers:

·
965 Posts
I'm unable to meet this weekend down in Hollister, have to do a bunch of stuff around the house that I've been promising to do. With being being gone potentially for 2 weekends in a row I have to get my garage clean or I'm sleeping on the couch.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hollister...maybe. I was planning on holding out till the WAMP run next weekend. Still have to chop the mounts too. I'd be down for an early morning meet n' greet in the city again though.
yeah, i may end up holding off until WAMP as well. the last two visits to hollister have chewed up my tires. as a result, i have come to the conclusion that i should buy new wheels, skid plates and links. :)

·
965 Posts
yeah, i may end up holding off until WAMP as well. the last two visits to hollister have chewed up my tires. as a result, i have come to the conclusion that i should buy new wheels, skid plates and links. :)
I still have my stock links if you need them as spares until you get something new.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Only reason that your tires were that way was cuz you had to school a Heep on the proper way to Navigate all the "bumps" in Truck hill:lol:

See ya for da WAMP!!:rocker:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am seeing a trend here. We are all on for WAMP on the 26th so if not Hollister, how about a meet/greet/bbq/beers somewhere in the bay area this weekend? I'd be willing to drink an extra beer for Bossquatch since he'll be MIA.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am seeing a trend here. We are all on for WAMP on the 26th so if not Hollister, how about a meet/greet/bbq/beers somewhere in the bay area this weekend? I'd be willing to drink an extra beer for Bossquatch since he'll be MIA.
manoweb and i talked about possibly getting together for a drink early saturday evening and pit expressed interest in a possible meet and greet on saturday morning. i'm game.

which reminds me, i really need to set up the recurring meet and greets and happy hours. one meet and greet on a weekend every quarter and one rotating regional happy hour on a thursday every week. how does that sound?

peninsula's happy hour will be the first thursday of the month. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
manoweb and i talked about possibly getting together for a drink early saturday evening and pit expressed interest in a possible meet and greet on saturday morning. i'm game.
Does anyone have a specific time and place in mind? :confused:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Ooooh, I want to meet somewhere in the bay. I live in San Jose.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts