1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,369 Posts
Crazy! :weird:

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I guess if you've got the money to burn!
Oh, I don't know... Maybe they just upped the ante (or scale).

For instance, we trash perfectly good, roadworthy vehicles on rocks and call it "wheeling."

And it's not like any of us are ferrying much - needed supplies to some distant outpost at the end of these rock - strewn trails...

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
I've been told a lot of those Arabs run dune tires (although these tires look stock) and the ballon dune tires are a lot more forgiving of driving on the side walls. Maybe in a few years I'll give this a shot.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I've been told a lot of those Arabs run dune tires (although these tires look stock) and the ballon dune tires are a lot more forgiving of driving on the side walls. Maybe in a few years I'll give this a shot.
Hmmm!

I am not sure whether I should be proud or ashamed! ... Where I live this is pretty normal. You should see how it's down right at the round-abouts of our streets. a lot of land cruiser and FJ drivers can actually drive in circles on 2 tires.

Others tend to do it when while taking 90-degree turns at main intersections.. it's common among the youngsters, but (thanks God) you don't see it happen often.

And yes, we are heavy on Sand Dune Bashing over here and many tend to choose balloons over rigid tires, but we still ride all kinds of tires for looks, safety (for some), and on road driving. ... many chose to go for stock tires, Michelin, BFG and others..

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've seen this and a few more vids like this on youtube. I wonder if they removed their sway bars?

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
Hmmm!

I am not sure whether I should be proud or ashamed! ... Where I live this is pretty normal. You should see how it's down right at the round-abouts of our streets. a lot of land cruiser and FJ drivers can actually drive in circles on 2 tires.

Others tend to do it when while taking 90-degree turns at main intersections.. it's common among the youngsters, but (thanks God) you don't see it happen often.

And yes, we are heavy on Sand Dune Bashing over here and many tend to choose balloons over rigid tires, but we still ride all kinds of tires for looks, safety (for some), and on road driving. ... many chose to go for stock tires, Michelin, BFG and others..
You guys are GOOD, I'll give you that!! I thought I did some crazy s**t in my day, like sitting on the top of the seat in a VW with our heads out the moonroof and driving with our feet! Nothing like that kind of driving!!!:clap:

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Tons of videos with guys doing this in Landcruisers... I always figured the solid front axle helped... but here he goes with an IFS FJ Cruiser!

I wonder if it F's the alignment?

Obviously an open rear diff would screw this up if one were in 2WD and unlocked. I wonder if they're in 4WD when they do this, with a locker engaged or if they're using ATRAC

1 - 20 of 31 Posts