Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I've posted, but I'm right in the middle of some major mods. Lift kit has been shipped, as we speak some xd spy wheels are being mounted on some nitto 285/75/17, and I was about to have my roof done black......at least I was until I got some local quotes! From what I've read most people on here paid around 350-400 to have it done, I've called three shops in the Phoenix, az area and all are saying 7-800 dollars! Not sure why it would be double the price as some of you have gotten? Anyone in the Phoenix area have this done for a little more reasonable price? The black roof was a major part of my "vision" but that's more than double what I was planning on paying :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
that is way too much, i got my bushwacker flares done with line-x xtra with kevlar for $180 and got a quote to do the roof in silver color matched line-x for $450

·
Registered
627 Posts
that is way too much, i got my bushwacker flares done with line-x xtra with kevlar for $180 ...
OMG ... I gotta get mine done. STOP making me spend money! :notsigned:

Much like a funny looking former presidential candidate, I hear a "giant sucking sound" in the economy. I think it is the FJ sucking money out of my wallet.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
We had a Linex guy like that...charged insane amounts for his work. He went out of business :rocker:

The new Linex guys are awesome and very reasonable. Keep looking...if no luck, make a trip up here :)

Doc

·
Registered
790 Posts
Check out the az site its azfj.org Homedad/Kurt probably knows someone that can do it cheaper than that.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I was quoted $400 for a wrap in black for my roof then moved three hours away and the price is double down here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well i ran into the same problem as you man. but right here in the charleston sc. area the garage quoted around 1000 (tourist traps suck for the specific reason).. but then the guy that i guess is the chill guy told me that they could do a vynl for half mabye less. and with vynl, if you have the right tools and a non moronic friend (unlike me), then you can do it yourself. me and my "moron" friend did it and lets just say that i basically did it twice, but anyways i did it myself and it was fairly easy and only took me a three day weekend to do it. but of course i did nothing else but that.

·
Registered
955 Posts
^^ where did you get the vinyl from?

I was planning on vinyling it but i cant find a supplier to get such large amounts of the material...

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll check out that az site. I'm going to Redlands, ca in a couple weeks and was quoted 300 from a place over there, so I may just do it then

1 - 13 of 13 Posts