Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) flexible plastic pipe same diameter as snorkel, inside fender , remove antenna, and piece where antenna was. then cut hole using antenna hole as center. then let the flexible pipe stick up outside fender enough to join a top piece then take a curved flexible pipe and make it turn to front or rear. of course size it so it attaches to stock size inside engine compartment.. Am I thinking out my Wazz? or is there posibility here?

This is just a WIld thought of creating one. I sure do welcome everyones positive input to My thoughts.....:thinkerg:

I will try and research possibilities myself as time goes on and I have time to go and write thoughts down on this..

This is not to Demise the existing owners with the factory snorkel I think they are ok, But Other types or creations is what this family of Owners is about. Creativity.....:bandit:

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
It won't work, Myself and FJoel have already looked into it, not enough space....been there done that...

·
Registered
604 Posts
It won't work, Myself and FJoel have already looked into it, not enough space....been there done that...
You *could* do it through the antenna opening, but it would require a lot of really inventive tupperware to make it through the crumple zone.

The post put up by DominicG is the way to do it.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
You *could* do it through the antenna opening, but it would require a lot of really inventive tupperware to make it through the crumple zone.

The post put up by DominicG is the way to do it.
NO IT WON't make through the antenna opening, there is not enough room for a 4" dia opening in there, been there removed that piece....I do know what I'm talking about, that is why in the above pics it was routed AROUND that.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Sorry I wasn't clear. You would definitely need to open up the antenna hole.

NO.... It Won't fit in the space..Period! What part of not fitting is not clear?

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Here is a link, sorry if I came off that way, but you have to understand. A lot us have been looking at this same thing a year before the snorkel ever came out for the FJ. That is why an Advanced Search function works in cases like these.

Here is a link to an old post :http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...7-arb-snorkel-thread-safari-8.html#post571618

If you read on from this post, you will see it's all been done and looked at from all angles. :)

Mike

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Way to make things right Shadow.. I too felt like you were being an A** and figured why don't you just help this guy by explaining what happened instead of just saying that it can't be done. At the minimum just drop a hint that there is a post already on it.

kudos brother.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
"I'm sorry if" and "you must understand" are not the words of an apologetic man.
How about a plain old "I'm sorry" without stipulations and excuses?
I saw no reason for an apology, he explained what he was talking about and that should be enough. The guy doubted him not once but twice. After the second time he got a more direct answer.

But then again, I'm not the one the was speaking or being spoken to.

First you call him a "Prick" then you question the sincearity of his apology, Wow

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just on this thread, or did I do it someplace else as well?

Oops, didn't answer yer question. No, I've not, but I did see him disrespect a member for no apparent reason. The guy was confused. So effing what? He should be belittled?

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
:) flexible plastic pipe same diameter as snorkel, inside fender , remove antenna, and piece where antenna was. then cut hole using antenna hole as center. then let the flexible pipe stick up outside fender enough to join a top piece then take a curved flexible pipe and make it turn to front or rear. of course size it so it attaches to stock size inside engine compartment.. Am I thinking out my Wazz? or is there posibility here?

This is just a WIld thought of creating one. I sure do welcome everyones positive input to My thoughts.....:thinkerg:

I will try and research possibilities myself as time goes on and I have time to go and write thoughts down on this..

This is not to Demise the existing owners with the factory snorkel I think they are ok, But Other types or creations is what this family of Owners is about. Creativity.....:bandit:
Flexible will not work. There is a lot more suction force and a lot more CFM of air being pulled through an intake system than one may imagine. If you use material that is too flexible it may collapse and get sucked into the intake system and make a mess of things.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.