·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
489 Posts
?

Where'd you get the FJ while you were out in CO? Did you rent? If so, from where?

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
Well Boston....Let's just say....I sure as he!! hope you didn't get stuck with the lemon I had.....In fact I'm sure you didn't.....or you would still be stuck on the side of that mountain:jester:

It was a Black Cherry....and yes Toyota bought it back from me....but acording to the attorneys....Toyota was so upset with the failure rate on that rig...They said they were gonna' send it back to japan and disect it to figure out what went wrong with it. It was a first month production rig...

Rear diff replaced twice
Front diff replaced once
Auto tranny replaced once
Windshield seal replaced(and computer fixed as a result)
all pully replaced too many times to count
A/C compressor replaced
A-trac system dead at time of buy back

That's all I remember off the top of my head......

It cost me nothing!!!!

In fact I think I made a few bucks:bigthumb:

Mine did still have a white roof.....even though that was replaced too!!!!!(my fault/my money) But that rig does look alot like mine did at one point:lol:

And for those that don't know....I bought a new FJ and never had a single problem yet (well.....a couple sets of pullies...but that's normal)

Here's my new baby........

The Lemon.....

·
Registered
563 Posts
Cactuscruzer, aka Jeff filled me in on some of the fun you had. Glad to hear the new one has been problem free.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
That is Jasons ...his screen name was"BLACKCHERRY" from last year who broke the CV boot dude......all the az fj guys gasped when we saw that cursed vehicle it was almost as bad as homedads lemon:lol:

100% confirmed by puulboy tibaal and I:rofl: I was first to notice the tell tale signs:rofl:

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
I don't know how much of the misfortune of BC's rig was equipment related... He's a super nice guy, but when he put his coilovers on backwards and I *TOLD* him, based on his description that he'd done that (All-Pro W.E.s are right and left sided) he scoffed at the impossibility of it, and instead ground down his sway bar to fit.

With a large enough hammer, a square peg WILL FIT into a round hole... ;)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: what are the flipping chances of that thing being there....Jason would be proud to see it displayed:D

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Didn't he get frustrated and trade his FJ in for a Honda Civic or something like that?

It seemed like a silly reaction to frustration at the time...

Come to think of it, now he seems like a visionary. :thinkerg:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
He's pimped his ride 10 times over now:rofl::rofl: I still cant believe that chit!

·
Registered
534 Posts
The dude was low on meds. and high on anger.....:jester:

And Yes....dude bought a Civic:lol::lol:
Some days, but ONLY when I am standing at the gas pump...I wish that WE had bought a civic!

Actually......more like a DIESEL to run the forever out of reach SVO dream I am still chasing.

·
Registered
534 Posts
When you buy the Civic.........

can I run it over???:rofl::rofl:

LOL.....sure!

Because it isn't going to be civic.....they don't come diesel.:rawr:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts