Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I tackled a home built roof rack, an led light bar housing, rear storage drawer and a few suspension installs so now it's time for some home built sliders!
I originally had the demello hybrid sliders and liked them but I wanted to do some subtle changes to accomadate my needs. Getting small child out of back seat!

I decided to use 2x2 square tubing (just like demello's) combined with 13/4 round tube. Both are .120 wall and Demello was kind enough to sell me the mounting plates to avoid having to get some laser cut.
I just bought a JD2 model 32 bender so I had to try it out!
Here are some pictures.

In the back portion where the step is there will an aluminum insert that will have a few dimple die holes in it. I just semi fitted the aluminum piece in there just to visualize it when its complete.
I also need to do a little prep work b4 they are sent to powdercoat.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
looks good

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
look awesome!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
These are awesome!!!! Dave, post that pic of the two sliders next to each other. To be able to get them so symmetrical without a jig is insane!

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are awesome!!!! Dave, post that pic of the two sliders next to each other. To be able to get them so symmetrical without a jig is insane!
Thanks again guys!
I'm pretty happy with the turn out so far and it's true that I didn't set up a jig. I just winged it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts