Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Honk if my Fenders Fall Off bumper sticker

3K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  Lenny 
#1 ·
Seems like I have seen a reference to a bumper sticker saying "Honk if My Fenders Fall Off". Anybody know how to get one of these or any resources for having them made??

I promised Toyota that I would cost them more money than they would spend fixing mine, and I really want to follow through. :rocker:

#3 ·
Well, I only want one, but there may be others on the site who would want them. What is the minimum order for you to make it worth doing? Cost? Let me know, we can talk.

#8 ·
I like #1 or #2

#9 ·
I'm not sure I would put one of these on my rig. Don't get me wrong, As you can tell by my rig, I'm not shy about badges.
If you look at the total picture, I really like the FJ and what it was built for. I don't think a statement like that will add any value to my rig. Who wins, when someone thinks you are driving a piece of crap ?
Fender bulges and all, I'd still rather drive the FJ, than most any other platform out .
These kinds of statements, without the total picture to go with it, just end up making the owner look bad. It seems no different than the piss on (insert name here) or "Jeep recovery vehicle".
That's just my opinion of course. .
Merry Christmas
Don

#17 ·
C'mon man, ease up on the judgements and just relax.

I like the last one! :lol:

#11 ·
I just doesn't work for me. I enjoy wheeling "period".
I could care less what your preference in vehicles is. I just hope your responsible, tread lightly, pick up your trash, not drinking and maintain your vehicle, to limit unnecessary trail repairs. If your fixing you ain't wheeling.
I don't want to be the guy that, those vehicles look at, as if I was better than them. Especially when they drive by me when I'm stuck, broke down or needing help of any kind. It's not "US and THEM" . Isn't there enough animosity already?
JMHO
Don

#16 ·
I[t] just doesn't work for me. I enjoy wheeling "period".
I could care less what your preference in vehicles is. I just hope your responsible, tread lightly, pick up your trash, not drinking and maintain your vehicle, to limit unnecessary trail repairs. If your fixing you ain't wheeling.
I don't want to be the guy that, those vehicles look at, as if I was better than them. Especially when they drive by me when I'm stuck, broke down or needing help of any kind. It's not "US and THEM" . Isn't there enough animosity already?
JMHO
Don
x10

Heep guys and Rover guys are fun to tease, but 4-wheeling is a "united we stand, divided we fall" situation.

#12 ·
I wheel Alot, Not just in my Fj, But in alot of Vehicles. The hook your jeep here and other stickers are in FUN. Has nothing to do with animosity. I belong to a club, Primarly Jeep.. They Make more jokes about jeeps then we do.
as for the fenders falling off.. yes I see were it could be viewed in a very negitave way towards both the driver and vehicle, But I dont see your point of such uptightness over the fact.
Merry Christmas! Be safe and best wishes to you and your family on this Holiday!:cheers:

#13 ·
I do realize many take them in a fun way, but many do not. When jeep dude makes fum of his own junk , that's viewed as acceptable. Not so much for a Toyota guy.
Merry Christmas to you and your family too :cheers:
thanks
Don

#14 ·
Who cares who is offended? Do what you want, life is short.
When did men become such girls? I think laptops have shrunken guys testicles so much they produce estrogen.

I hope the turkey burns :rofl:

#18 ·
Might have more of an impact if you sold the FJ, bought a rubicon, and then had a sticker made that said "My FJ's fenders fell off so i bought a Wrangler".

If you really want to make that dealership replace your fenders, park just outside their dealership every Saturday with a big sign that says something along the lines of, "My Toyota is falling apart and this dealership won't do a thing" and show all the people that stop buy the tearing fenders. That will work a LOT more than a bumper sticker.

#20 ·
Too funny, guys - I told my wife that I was going to do that EXACT same thing. :cheers:

#21 ·
Hey Jay - can you make these in reduced sizes? I don't want a full size bumper sticker, maybe something more like 8"x3" to put in a window.

Maybe I should ask Wikid if he approves of this first??

#22 ·
Maybe I should ask Wikid if he approves of this first??
Cheap shot IMO.

Not everyone who doesn't agree with your position 100% is your enemy Lenny. Even though the whole fender bulge thing is obviously a matter of great of great frustration for you, don't let your emotions blind you to good experienced people on the forum who may have something useful to tell you, now or in the future.

#23 ·
That's not a cheap shot - that is having a sense of humor. Wikid has told me that I am a follower, not a leader; I quit too early, and lent his opinion on my bumper sticker on how bad it would make me look. Not once have I lent any negative opinions towards him. I make a joke back and I have you telling me to be less sensitive. Take your own advice and ease up. Also, maybe just keep your nose out of something that doesn't involve you. What exactly is the point of you trying to be my mother?

#25 · (Edited)
That's not a cheap shot - that is having a sense of humor.
OK that's cool; it's hard to tell over the interweb with no smilies.

I make a joke back and I have you telling me to be less sensitive. Take your own advice and ease up. Also, maybe just keep your nose out of something that doesn't involve you.
Done! You will never hear from me again. The best way for this to happen would be for you to add me to the "Ignore List" in your User CP, that way you will never see any posts at all made by me. Unfortunately, I can't do the same for you. :wave:

#26 ·
FWIW, i still think the sit just outside the dealerships property line with a big sign so that they can't call the cops on you is the best idea Lenny.

Not too many folks will understand the sticker, or will even ask you about it.

#29 ·
Lenny,

I have standard sticker stock, but it is not far from 8 X 3.
I can't believe the response this thread is getting, hehe!
A healthy sense of humor and the ability to laugh at the "S**t Happens"
situations in life is what makes life bearable.

I personally think it is funny and will make sense to those that understand the message, namely other FJ owners and the sticker should make them giggle. It's all in good fun.

For those that would get offended by someone they don't know putting a sticker on a vehicle that doesn't belong to them is unfortunate to say the least.

#34 ·
Wikid, it is not that you don't agree with me, I just don't need all of your little personal opinions about what I am doing thrown in to a thread. What purpose does it serve? I have my opinions about plastering "Wikid" all of your vehicles, but what purpose does it serve to bash you for it and tell you that I don't approve? You are going to do it anyway, and I don't think you need my approval. (But in no way does that mean that I don't really dig your rig :rocker:)

Anyway... sorry, Jay - can you PM me exact measurements and we can talk about this by PM? I am probably in for atleast one. If that isn't worth it for you to just make one, no offense taken. Just let me know.

#38 ·
I know that Toyota does not want any more attention and this may not be the best way to get their attention but I'm almost sure it could work.

Back in like 200-2001 the Celica had an issue with how the manual transmission was set up that would allow you to misshift the car and litteraly blow the motor and tranny.

Long story short a guy was refused warranty he set up and website that went some what viral in those days among the import scene. Keep in mind this was the fast and the furious days, Celica was a hit seller one of fastest and best looking car in the market at the time. Long story short Toyota started fixxing people's cars who encountered the issue and they made a design change adressing the issue.

The site went down once the guy got his car fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.