Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed my hood needs an alignment. Take a look:

Left side at the windshield...... lots of room.

Left side above parking light........ really tight, almost touching fender.

Right side at the windshield...... lots of room.

Right side above parking light........ doesn't look to bad.

I don't find any adjustment in the four mounting bolts at the hinge. There's something I'm missing, huh? I need advice.

BTW I have the engine bay bulges, but don't see a relationship to the hood alignment.:confused:

Reactions: T_C

·
Registered
375 Posts
Did you buy your FJ used? If so I would say it has been in a wreck. I had this problem with my 99 XJ...... very small differences in body panel gap, but upon closer inspection everything on the drivers side front had been replaced

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it new. I just hadn't noticed the alignment until the other day.

·
Registered
375 Posts
any engine bay body ripple symptoms? Thats very odd......

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the bulges on both sides. Toyota is fixing them sometime in July. Bernd (NWFJCC) says the bulges do affect the hood alignment. I am going to have the body shop take a look and give me their opinion.

·
Registered
375 Posts
yeah, Im sure thats what is causing the misalignment of the hood. Make sure Toyota knows about it before they have their body shop fix the fenders......

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Does the hood attach to the firewall or are the mounts on the fenders? If on the fenders and you have bulges i would be willing to be it is because of the fenders.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Oh, man - I'm sorry to hear you have the bulges. But, as others have said, that would account for the mal-aligned hood. Toyota should take care of this for you. They've been pretty good about that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts