Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a nail biter here in AR.

Shortly after I went to bed my NOAA radio alarm went off and there was a message about severe storms coming through the area.

I looked outside and it was completely still. Very eerie. A few seconds later the tornado sirens started going off. Shortly after that severe wind, hail, rain and thunderclaps. Rinse and repeat all night. No sleep to say the least.

I don't have a storm cellar, so the best I could do is keep watch and prepare to get the family into my office which is nearly a basement as my house is built into the side of a hill.

Luckily we made it through. Neighbor lost a tree. Heard others weren't so lucky.

Crazy thing is that I flew into Green Bay Sunday just as Tornados were coming through. I was driving down 41 to Fon Du Lac listening to warnings about seeking shelter. I get home last night and more of the same.
Bad luck I guess.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm down a little farther in Texarkana. It was short and sweet here. It didn't last over 15 minutes of the hard stuff. It looked like it was a lot worse farther up the state. I hope no one was hurt and no property damage.
Jax':wave:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
We have a great network of people on this site and I know power loss may be a factor but please post up if you need a hand or some help. In Japan we have been bombarded with tragedy but even if the phone lines are down or electric is down, most the time cellular internet was unaffected. This may not be the case in your area but try all means, and reach out to all hands. Our hearts and thoughts are with you all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts