Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I've decided to sell my white 2007 Horizon Adventure Trailer.

It's in excellent condition (always garaged when not in use) and equipped with all standard features plus many additional upgrades & extras. If you're not familiar with this trailer, it's considered one of the best trailers you can purchase for off-road expeditions and adventures.

You can find more information about it (including pricing) here: Horizon Adventure Trailers.

I'm the 2nd owner of this trailer. It was originally purchased in Dec 2007, delivered in Jan 2008 and sold to me in Feb 2010. So, it's really just 3 -- not 4 -- years old. It was very lightly used by the prior owner and I put 5000 miles on it in Jun 2010 on a 30 day tour of the southwest US but haven't used it since. Was planning on taking it to Alaska and Mexico this year, but have decided against it and would rather cash out and use the $ for other things instead.

Here's what's included:

Nose Box with 31AGM marine battery, 6 amp trickle charger w/exterior AC plug, 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter, PowerFilm 60 watt foldable solar charger and 25 amp solar panel charge controller with exterior plug, 2 exterior DC exterior plugs and 12 volt auxiliary wiring system, including 3 fused outlets, battery tray and an ARB DC florescent work light.

Kitchen including sliding Partner 2 burner camp stove, cutting board, two (2) 11# propane tanks, a 19 gallon water tank w/hand pump and stainless steel sink.

Two (2) 5 gallon CARB approved gas cans and locking holders.

Eezi-Awn Series 3 - 1800 (6'x8') Roof Top Tent

Fiamma F-35 (6'x6') awning

Electric brakes w/10" drums and breakaway safety switch

Engle45 Freezer/Frig w/locking plate and sliding tray

Pro-comp 17x8" steel wheels (6 x 5.5 bolt pattern) that fits FJs, Tacomas & 4Runners w/BFG AT KO 265/75R17 tires (standard FJ size).

4000 lb Lock-n-Roll articulating coupler w/an 8" hitch extension and 2 locking Silent Hitch Pins and Adventure's Trailing Arm suspension w/air bags and adjustable Rancho shocks and rear stabilizer.

Tenkosha Prodigy RF (Wireless) Trailer Mounted Brake controller w/in-cab remote. See: RF Brake Controller

Line-X on the front, sides and top of the nose box, on the front of the cargo box, the inside of the rear cargo drop down door and on top and in front of the 2 side boxes to protect all of those surfaces from road damage and scratching.

Locking t-handles on the rear cargo door and side boxes (same key) and padlocks for the top box, gas can & propane tank holders (same key) and nose box.

--------------------------------------------

I'm asking $15,000 OBO. Clear title in hand. Local pickup in the San Francisco Bay Area. A comparably equipped trailer would cost about $20,000 based on current pricing.

Willing to haggle a little, but don't "have" to sell. So, please don't bother making any extreme low ball offers. However, I will consider a trade for a late model sport touring motorcycle (eg., ST1300, FJR1300, Concours or K1200GT) or maybe a late model cab-over camper that will fit a Ford F250 4x4 longbed pickup, plus cash to make up the difference either way.

I'll try to post some better ones but, in the meantime, here's a link to some pics:

Photo link removed 3/7/11

Please PM me if you're interested and, if you're not interested, please forward this info to anyone else you who think might be. Thanks!! :wave:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Re: For Sale - Horizon Adventure Trailer

I want it badly, but don't know that the checkbook wants it, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I want it badly, but don't know that the checkbook wants it, lol.
I've also posted this ad on the Expedition Portal (and on Pirates 4x4 just last night) and have gotten absolutely no bites at all yet -- not even another post, like yours, that says "I'd love to buy, but can't afford it."

Oh well . . . :shrug03:

FWIW, I'd consider removing the solar panel & controller, 1k watt DC/AC inverter. the Engle frig & mounting plate/bracket, Teknosha brake controller and hitch accessories, which will reduce the asking price to $12,500. Take off the RTT & brackets and the asking price goes down further to $11,000.

Like I said, I'll entertain OFFERS. So, if you have an price in mind, let me know. It doesn't cost anything to do that.

Thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

I almost hate to say it, you have a VERY nice trailer with everything you could ask for on it, but with the current economy and the number of equipped trailers on "that" other forum it is going to be very tough to get what its worth. There are a number of trailers in the 4k-6k range. Good luck with your sell, I hope you get what you want!

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I almost hate to say it, you have a VERY nice trailer with everything you could ask for on it, but with the current economy and the number of equipped trailers on "that" other forum it is going to be very tough to get what its worth. There are a number of trailers in the 4k-6k range. Good luck with your sell, I hope you get what you want!
Hey Sarge:

Thanks for at least saying something! The silence was deafening.

I've never heard of an Adventure Trailer going for anywhere near $4-6k. Other models (especially backyard kits) might go for that, but the lowest I've ever heard of an AT going for is around $8k for an older model that was sitting in an RV lot that the dealer wanted to blow out. Other than that, the bottom line for a late model Horizon AT is around $10k -- but only if the seller really wants to get rid of it.

I'm well aware of the economy BUT there are still a lot of people with money, who have no problem spending it when they want to do so. I'm one of them. Timing may also be an issue and hopefully there will be more interest when spring rolls around.

We'll see . . . :bigthumb:

·
Registered
936 Posts

FWIW the base price for a Horizon just went up to about $9200 (was about $8500) as of Jan 2011 and you still need to get tires and wheels before you can tow it! Since most people match their tires and wheels to their vehicle add another $600+ easily to that base and you are at 10k. SSW asking price is a reasonable place to start with all the options it has IMO. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Shiftworker.

I bought one a few months back and the previous owner said he did better by parting it out rather the the complete deal.

If you decide to go that route let talks RTT.

Thanks, Migz. I'll keep that in mind.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

Hey SSW, i'm not trying to be a naysayer! I'm looking looking for a trailer myself, but right now I have too many other factors in my life right now competing for the $ I have coming in. I'm not really needing it till next year and I want to see whats coming to XO11 as well. I do wish you the best with the sell and if your not trying to blow it out, then keep it until you get want you want!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Man, you are making me think about it; however, I think this is a next year purchase.
Getting some serious inquiries for the trailer now, so I doubt it will still be available NEXT year.

The thing about these trailers is that EVERYONE seems to want one but few can afford (or want to cut loose w/the $ necessary to pay for) them. So, it can take a while to find a buyer but every Adventure Trailer that I've ever seen advertised has sold and when it sells, it sells FAST!

So, when you're ready to buy one and find one you like, don't wait TOO long to buy it or you'll probably miss out. :wave:

·
Premium Member
913 Posts

SSW,
Is this still available? Do you have photos? We were planning on ordering one in a few months, but the specs on your trailer are a match to what we would get. I'm mire than a little interested.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

SSW,
Is this still available? Do you have photos? We were planning on ordering one in a few months, but the specs on your trailer are a match to what we would get. I'm mire than a little interested.
There's a link to photos near the bottom of the 1st post -- just look for "Trailer Photos" in blue -- but for your convenience, I'll post it here too: Trailer Photos. If there aren't enough photos for you there, I can send you more after I photoshop the license # out.

FWIW, it's a standard white Horizon w/a green Ezn-Awn cover over the RTT and a Fiamma awning casing on the side. Lots of photos of this trailer setup online. The only really distinguishing visible feature, other than the extra propane tank, is the black Linex coating which covers the entire nose box, the front of the cargo and side storage boxes (as well as the inside of the rear door and the driver's side storage box). The original buyer added that to protect those surfaces and it really does a great job!!

There's really not much more you can buy for this trailer. A 2nd battery and 2 battery trickle charger and maybe a work/backup light or 2. That's about it. It already has the kitchen sink! :lol:

Let me know if you need more info. I'll PM you my contact info.

Thanks! :wave:

·
Premium Member
913 Posts

Marty,
Thanks. Sorry I overlooked your photo link on the first posting. We've checked out the photos and are VERY interested. Your setup is identical to what we'd intended to order.
We are scouring our calendars now to figure out how we might do this. My wife and I are both self-employed and I'm embarking on a crazy travel schedule for a few weeks.
Assuming the trailer is as pristine as it looks, I'd gauge our interest as 9.8 out of 10.
I will call you tomorrow about how we can make this work and if we can fly out. (Which will assure you a sale today, I'm sure!)
Thanks, Lou

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<snip>

I will call you tomorrow about how we can make this work and if we can fly out. (Which will assure you a sale today, I'm sure!)

Thanks, Lou

Ok, Lou:

Looking forward to your call. :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Sale Pending! :clap:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

SOLD!!!!! SOLD!!!!! SOLD!!!!! :clap::rocker::cheers:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to sell this trailer!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts