Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
yup ,another easy fix, you could change the stock front horn for like 20 bucks from any auto parts shop, you could add a second horn to the existing wiring(do a search for the how to on this), or you can go a little more extreme and put on train horns. another one to do a search on.

heres my setup.

·
Registered
864 Posts
My 07 Camry has a big bad horn that when I honk it, it gets attention. My 07 FJ sounds like a Geo Metro. I don't get it both are from the same manufacturer, the same year production and the FJs horn sucks.

Please Toyota put the Camry horn in the FJ.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was surprised at how wimpy the horn sounds. I guess adding a second horn will have to be added to my ever-growing 'to-do' list. Oh well, summer is almost here and I will have a nice break from teaching. Little projects are fun when you have the time to do them.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Yes! The horn on the FJ is a bit wimpy. Kind of similar to taking the size of person like Michael Clarke Duncan (Green Mile, Planet of the Apes, ) and giving him the voice of Michael Jackson..... :)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The solution to that is to put an air horn or a train horn.:rocker:

·
Registered
2008 Sandstorm FT 4x4 6spd Man Trans Off-Road Pkg
291 Posts
I hate the horn, just haven't upgraded it yet.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
It is feeble.. The optional Toyota horn will fix it, as will most any aftermarket horn. The optional one is an easy fix, but it'll cost you $38.

Horn's aren't used as much in some parts of the south (i.e. excessive horn usage is considered rude here), but it's needed occasionally. Ron

DON'T!

buy another horn before you use it. :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mine is getting an upgrade to 4 Cadillac horns. I have them and all the parts. Just need to stop all the projects around the house and do it.

Here in SATX some people just don't focus on what is around them or what they are doing behind the wheel. They prob can't hear that wimpy stock horn with the windows up and the air on.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Mine is getting an upgrade to 4 Cadillac horns. I have them and all the parts. Just need to stop all the projects around the house and do it.

Here in SATX some people just don't focus on what is around them or what they are doing behind the wheel. They prob can't hear that wimpy stock horn with the windows up and the air on.
I'd suggest running them off a relay if you are gonna put 4, I had 3 hooked up before I got my train horns and blew fuses about every 2 or 3 times I hit em.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts