Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be a suitable horn for me?
I dunno if I want the gnarly airhorns/train horns that people are getting.
I also don't really want a big ol tank installed somewhere in the back. Any recommendations for ones that are fairly loud, easy to install, without a big old tank that takes up space in the back?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I took out the (sounds like every other car around ) stock horn (aka sissy horn)and stuck in two VW replacement horns. One is a low sound and one is higher pitched. Together they sound like a Eurpean style alpine horn or a world War II Jeep (sorry I said that word on this forum)on steroids. Got them at Pep-Boys. They are marked for high and low and are sold to replace old style VW or Mercedes horns. Depending on the package they are either French made or from India and made of metal. I've got one of each. The directions are simple. I made a Y for the power and one for the ground and mounted them both on the old horn stud.. They are nice and loud and sound unique. If I remember they were about 20 bucks a pop. Took less than 20 minutes to install once I pondered how to hook 'em up. Cheers

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm. I think either of the 2 mentioned above would work. thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts