Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a CB antenna mount from All-Pro Offroad who also go by the names Trail Gear, Low Range, and Wheelers.

It was ordered back on Sept 9th. I was expecting it to arrive within a week but when I didn't get an order confirmation or tracking number by the 12th I sent them an email asking about it. They told me it was on backorder and would be 2-2.5 weeks and that I could get my money back if I wanted. That was within my window for the trip I had planned so I decided to wait it out with them even though they never told me it was on B.O. until I contacted them. (That should have been a warning) But they were the cheapest price on the internet and had free shipping.

It did not arrive in the time they stated and I did not have it for the trip. When I returned on October 10th I emailed them about this and got no reply. I tried again on October 12th, now a full month since I ordered this. No reply.

Then on October 13th I got a new email from them (NOT a reply to my inquiry, but a new email) stating that they had my part but would now have to charge me $10 for shipping.

I told them my story and asked if they could cover the shipping to make up for the bad experience. I was told they couldn't do that. It was $10! That wouldn't affect their bottom line at all and would go a long way to show that they were sorry for the experience!
I would have also taken a discount code or even a simple apology since I never got one.

I cancelled the order and bought one from someone else. I recommend you avoid these companies.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I have lots of All Pro stuff on my FJ. I got it back when they were just All Pro and not merged with the other companies. Thats a shame. Customer service is always the first thing to go in a company.

Reactions: MR_XG78

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
I have slways received good service from Trail Gear, the rest....not so much.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience, sounds like some circumstances out of their control and some poor communication.

I’ve had good luck with all pro and they make good products. Some of these places are incredibly slammed, and people are ordering in huge amounts and supplies are limited. Patience is a virtue...

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Sounds like a negative experience for you. Maybe they're owned by Trail Gear now but Wheelers doesn't seem like they're the same company as the rest. Their website still has a different location and phone number. I like them. Great CS and parts at a good price. Sucks they're lumped in with Allpro

Sales & Support :
541-474-2879
EMAIL:
[email protected]
[email protected]
STREET ADDRESS:
Sales and Support
WHEELER'S OFF-ROAD
814 SW 4th Street
Suite 2
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Headquarters
WHEELER'S OFF-ROAD
5356 E. Pine Ave.
Fresno, CA 93727

·
2011 トヨタ NSSE
12,384 Posts
The world stopped for a while, not everyone is back up to speed, some may never be.

Try supporting vendors next time like PUREFJ.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Wheelers really is the only place I go to before and after ownership changes. Let us know who you find to get your stuff. I have a big problem with one supplier but I gave them numerous chances

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Your account of your experience doesn't seem like it contains all the details; and some of your "issues" are (in my opinion) a little overblown to warrant a dire "horrible customer service - avoid these companies" statement on a public forum.

First, you complain that you emailed them on Oct. 10, and got no instant reply. Oct 10th was a Saturday, correct? Is it probable that the front office at a small business might be closed on a weekend? And then you complain that you didn't get a reply until Tuesday, Oct 13. Do you think it is reasonable that an office person in a small business might be reading email on Monday that accumulated over the weekend, and sending out responses on Tuesday morning?

Second, I couldn't find any "free shipping" offer for the CB antenna mount on the All-Pro website. Was there a special 'free shipping' offer for this specific item at the time you placed your order?

When you placed your order, you would have had the option of selecting in-store pickup, USPS Priority Mail ($7.50), UPS Ground ($13.81), UPS 3-Day ($17.03), or multiple other more expensive options.

Which option did you select when you ordered the part? At that point you would have known EXACTLY what the shipping charges and tax would be.

Not sure where you're located, but sales tax in California would be about $3.11, other states should be similar.

Which then brings your total tax & shipping, via the least-expensive & slowest USPS shipping option, to $10.61. Is this what you are claiming is All-Pro's unfair and hidden "$10.00 shipping charge"?

All-Pro also provides several clearly written warnings and notifications that the COVID-19 situation has adversely affected their leadtimes in obtaining parts from their suppliers, and that their carriers are experiencing delays in actually delivering products to AllPro's customers.

At the very top of their webpage, in a big red banner, is this notification:
"COVID-19, supply shortages, & a surge in demand are causing longer-than-normal ship times. Rest assured that your order is our top priority. READ MORE…
PLEASE NOTE: Commercial carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and other carriers have suspended Delivery Service Guarantees until further notice. As a result, we are currently unable to refund shipping costs in the event your order delivery is delayed."

Then, if you want more details on possible delays in shipping, and All-Pro's efforts to service their customers, AllPro provides this letter from their staff:
https://allprooffroad.com/downloads/pdf/COVID-19_communication_2020.pdf

The US is in the middle of an unprecedented global pandemic (or we are at least suffering supply chain disruptions as if we were in a global pandemic), and it's affected just about every business in the US, and has hit small businesses especially hard.

In my opinion, getting all outraged about a delay in delivery for a limited-production, specialty offroad product for a discontinued vehicle is simply unrealistic. And then you're trying to get free shipping on a single low-cost, low profit margin item because delivery was delayed?

I think the true underlying 'problem' may have been that you delayed ordering your antenna mount until it was too late to be guaranteed to allow it to be shipped, received by you, mounted, SWR readings taken, and your antenna tuned before your scheduled trip.

(I have zero affiliation with AllPro, although I do have All-Pro sliders on my FJ.)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Funny how expectations vary...I belong to several forums, and one is an ultralight backpacking forum for long distance and multi day, week or even month long hikes. The normal on that place is 4-8 week or WORSE turnaround for orders from these small, boutique “cottage” manufactures. There is none of this “I ordered it for a trip two weeks away and I couldn’t play with my new toy in time” stuff. I’ve got stuff on order that I might want next spring, because there is an 8-12 week wait list. But I get a bad-ass, custom, highly sought after product from a person who is passionate about what they do, and maybe it isn’t customer service and emails. Don’t get me wrong, I believe in customer service, and shopping with you wallet. But I’ve also gotten cursed out by someone on this forum when he didn’t get his used item I sold him at discount right away, and my communication was not up to current expectations of instant turnaround. I said bro, I’m just a person, not Amazon. Sometimes, it takes a week for a welder in BFE to return your email. Honestly, your lucky he has a computer.

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,097 Posts
I lived right down the street from Low Range Offroad and have had great experiences with them and usually always either drop by or call. Email is sometimes too slow for me. I dont know how things with all those companies are since they merged a few years ago but sorry to hear about the poor experience either way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The issue isn't that it took so long. I am ok with that and understand the longer times. That's cool. The issue is that there was NO communication from them. I was never told anything about it being on BO until I inquired about not receiving an order confirmation. Then when the 2.5 weeks that THEY said it would take had passed, I never was told it might take longer- which I would have been cool with, obviously- because I gave them another week on top of that before contacting them.
Then they added the shipping charge on.
On top of that, there was never an apology. A little bit of, "I'm sorry about that." goes a long way in my opinion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your account of your experience doesn't seem like it contains all the details; and some of your "issues" are (in my opinion) a little overblown to warrant a dire "horrible customer service - avoid these companies" statement on a public forum.

First, you complain that you emailed them on Oct. 10, and got no instant reply. Oct 10th was a Saturday, correct? Is it probable that the front office at a small business might be closed on a weekend? And then you complain that you didn't get a reply until Tuesday, Oct 13. Do you think it is reasonable that an office person in a small business might be reading email on Monday that accumulated over the weekend, and sending out responses on Tuesday morning?

Second, I couldn't find any "free shipping" offer for the CB antenna mount on the All-Pro website. Was there a special 'free shipping' offer for this specific item at the time you placed your order?

When you placed your order, you would have had the option of selecting in-store pickup, USPS Priority Mail ($7.50), UPS Ground ($13.81), UPS 3-Day ($17.03), or multiple other more expensive options.

Which option did you select when you ordered the part? At that point you would have known EXACTLY what the shipping charges and tax would be.

Not sure where you're located, but sales tax in California would be about $3.11, other states should be similar.

Which then brings your total tax & shipping, via the least-expensive & slowest USPS shipping option, to $10.61. Is this what you are claiming is All-Pro's unfair and hidden "$10.00 shipping charge"?

All-Pro also provides several clearly written warnings and notifications that the COVID-19 situation has adversely affected their leadtimes in obtaining parts from their suppliers, and that their carriers are experiencing delays in actually delivering products to AllPro's customers.

At the very top of their webpage, in a big red banner, is this notification:
"COVID-19, supply shortages, & a surge in demand are causing longer-than-normal ship times. Rest assured that your order is our top priority. READ MORE…
PLEASE NOTE: Commercial carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and other carriers have suspended Delivery Service Guarantees until further notice. As a result, we are currently unable to refund shipping costs in the event your order delivery is delayed."

Then, if you want more details on possible delays in shipping, and All-Pro's efforts to service their customers, AllPro provides this letter from their staff:
https://allprooffroad.com/downloads/pdf/COVID-19_communication_2020.pdf

The US is in the middle of an unprecedented global pandemic (or we are at least suffering supply chain disruptions as if we were in a global pandemic), and it's affected just about every business in the US, and has hit small businesses especially hard.

In my opinion, getting all outraged about a delay in delivery for a limited-production, specialty offroad product for a discontinued vehicle is simply unrealistic. And then you're trying to get free shipping on a single low-cost, low profit margin item because delivery was delayed?

I think the true underlying 'problem' may have been that you delayed ordering your antenna mount until it was too late to be guaranteed to allow it to be shipped, received by you, mounted, SWR readings taken, and your antenna tuned before your scheduled trip.

(I have zero affiliation with AllPro, although I do have All-Pro sliders on my FJ.)
Thanks for the reply. I know if it were my business I would want people like you looking out for false claims.
My issue was with the lack of communication- NOT the long shipping times. I was never contacted by them to tell me that it was on BO. When I didn't receive an order confirmation after a few days I emailed them and only then was I told it was on BO, which I was fine with- but it would have been nice to know either when I ordered it or when they were processing my order and realized it. I also gave them a week after their "would be ready by" day before reaching back out to them, knowing that everything is running slower now.
I selected the first shipping option when placing the order "$0.00 Fixed" which to me says free shipping. If that wasn't an option they should have told me when I placed the order, or not let me select it. I have never ordered and paid for an item and then been told weeks later that they needed to charge me more for shipping. It seemed like a scam. Finally, an apology goes a long way, which I never received from them. What I didn't put in the original post is that I emailed them and told them about this whole experience, and gave them my name, email address, and phone number. There was no reply.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
There is something a little odd here ... yesterday, before I responded to your initial post, I went to the All-Pro website, and walked through the steps as if I was going to order the Bandi antenna mount. There was no 'fixed' shipping charge option of $0.00, just the 'store pick up' for $0.00, then USPS Priority Mail, then the more expensive shipping options.

After reading your response above, I want back and ran through the steps again at All-Pro, and this time I got a slightly different 'checkout' page, and now the $0.00 'fixed' shipping option is the first one on the list.

So if that page was what you saw when you placed your order, then it looks like 'free shipping' may have been a selectable option, although it was probably a website configuration error.

And I understand the frustration due to poor communication. I just don't know if your experience, frustrating as it was, warranted such a damning condemnation of All-Pro, and the other associated companies that you did NOT have any interaction with.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Dam. This experience sux. I’m totally with you on this OP.

It’s a bit of a bummer that so many of the above are missing the point. This business totally dropped the ball. They failed to give their customer vital information, they failed to reply to the customer’s messages, and they failed to take responsibility for a less than optimal transaction by not issuing a simple apology.

Sure, we could dream up all kinds of scenarios where the business had no control of the circumstances, but in the end, it will boil down to a customer service failure. There’s no excuse. I see no evidence that they give a crap or that I can expect a better experience when I bring my dollars to their store 👎🏽

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experiences. It is important to be objective so others can decide if they want to work with the company in the future based on facts, at least as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
Everyone has the privilege to complain public or private.....seams like this post was done in the heat of the moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like a negative experience for you. Maybe they're owned by Trail Gear now but Wheelers doesn't seem like they're the same company as the rest. Their website still has a different location and phone number. I like them. Great CS and parts at a good price. Sucks they're lumped in with Allpro

Sales & Support :
541-474-2879
EMAIL:
[email protected]
[email protected]
STREET ADDRESS:
Sales and Support
WHEELER'S OFF-ROAD
814 SW 4th Street
Suite 2
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Headquarters
WHEELER'S OFF-ROAD
5356 E. Pine Ave.
Fresno, CA 93727
The headquarters address is the same as Trail Gear's.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered a CB antenna mount from All-Pro Offroad who also go by the names Trail Gear, Low Range, and Wheelers.

It was ordered back on Sept 9th. I was expecting it to arrive within a week but when I didn't get an order confirmation or tracking number by the 12th I sent them an email asking about it. They told me it was on backorder and would be 2-2.5 weeks and that I could get my money back if I wanted. That was within my window for the trip I had planned so I decided to wait it out with them even though they never told me it was on B.O. until I contacted them. (That should have been a warning) But they were the cheapest price on the internet and had free shipping.

It did not arrive in the time they stated and I did not have it for the trip. When I returned on October 10th I emailed them about this and got no reply. I tried again on October 12th, now a full month since I ordered this. No reply.

Then on October 13th I got a new email from them (NOT a reply to my inquiry, but a new email) stating that they had my part but would now have to charge me $10 for shipping.

I told them my story and asked if they could cover the shipping to make up for the bad experience. I was told they couldn't do that. It was $10! That wouldn't affect their bottom line at all and would go a long way to show that they were sorry for the experience!
I would have also taken a discount code or even a simple apology since I never got one.

I cancelled the order and bought one from someone else. I recommend you avoid these companies.
Hannibal is right. I have been trying to get a pair of Bilstien B8 5100 rear shocks since LAST APRIL Nobody has had them.They are actually manufactured here in the US. I finally found some on Amazon last week

1 - 18 of 18 Posts