Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a first timer to the Summit...how are the hosted dinners handled?...feeding 500+ peeps seems like a big task...how did it go last year? Should we plan on eating at the dinners or should we plan alternatives? Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
if you plan alternatives I will hunt you down :D

I mean um - I did a lot of planning to make sure you all get fed....so.....eat there :) you will be more than accomodated...

the town has some great places to go if you want to spend more money as well...

·
Registered
467 Posts
As a first timer to the Summit...how are the hosted dinners handled?...feeding 500+ peeps seems like a big task...how did it go last year? Should we plan on eating at the dinners or should we plan alternatives? Thanks
Last year worked pretty well. There were periods when the lines were longer than others, but the food never ran out and the company in the line was good! Cold beer helps the wait also! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Last year worked pretty well. There were periods when the lines were longer than others, but the food never ran out and the comapny in the line was good! Cold beer helps the wait also! :cheers:
Where were you? :) They did run out of some food one night. Oh Well - I'm sure Jason won't mind giving his up this year. ;)

I might suggest bringing some folding chairs with you. Otherwise you will be sitting on the ground or rocks or etc. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Where were you? :) They did run out of some food one night. Oh Well - I'm sure Jason won't mind giving his up this year. ;)

lol - that was the Outlaw restaurant. we've made alternate food choices this year...

·
Registered
467 Posts

I might suggest bringing some folding chairs with you. Otherwise you will be sitting on the ground or rocks or etc. :rofl:
Maybe I had too much beer in line? :jester: I must have hit the lines right! Ditto about bringing chairs!:wave:

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
One thing I noticed as a difference between the summit and other big gatherings I've been to, was that EVERYONE was nice and polite. People waited patiently in line, you got to meet people in line and talk and it went smoothly. I think I sat on a log to eat one night, and my bumper the next, but if that is the worst thing that happens, then it is pretty damn successful. Like Jason said, the one issue last year was the restaurant's fault, but everyone left happy it seemed. Like Jason said too, eat the dinners there. If you must go out and eat, have lunch or breakfast out. It makes the environment so much more fun if everyone is there.

·
Registered
313 Posts
whats it like to sit down and eat?? I would LOVE to know...

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Do you need to bring your own cooler with drinks, or will you be able to jump out of line for a refill?
If necessary, I propose a beer relay (much like a fire bucket brigade).

·
Registered
467 Posts
Do you need to bring your own cooler with drinks, or will you be able to jump out of line for a refill?
As best I can remember from last year, many people had their own coolers with drinks (ie:) beer. The hotel (Best Western) was not serving alcohol last year, but some threads say that they have a license for this year . . .

As for me, I will still probably bring a discreet cooler.

·
Registered
929 Posts
So all food is served at the Best Western, who now has a liquor lic? What time does the chow line open and close? I am all for playing it by ear and figuring it out when I get there but my wife is a planner. The FJ is just about packed for the trip already.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Its similar to standing and eating...but you sit instead....

.....nookie's first post in like damn I don't know how long.

Jared,
When are you getting up there ? Call me when you do. :cheers:
OMG, HE'S ALIVE!

<offtopic>
I'm getting there Wednesday, lunch time ish. PM me your phone number again, I seem to have misplaced it since I've gotten a new phone since last year. If you still have my number, it is the same.

And next time your in the Fort, give me a call, I'm dying to go and try Kelly Flats.
</offtopic>

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts

not for the Best Western lot, please - I don't need the headache that will ensue...

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Its similar to standing and eating...but you sit instead....

.....nookie's first post in like damn I don't know how long.

Jared,
When are you getting up there ? Call me when you do. :cheers:
NOOKIE.............WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN????????

Dude.....come on.....we have to follow the rules so that we can HAVE ANOTHER SUMMIT! I love beer...and free beer as much as the next person, but it takes a lot to put this event on and something little like that could ruin it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts