Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Texican
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I could not agree more but I think that the internal bickering within TLCC- Houston needs to stop. All that bickering is only gonna turn people away and spin off into new groups.
Agreed, I heard that soon after I left people started getting on their soap boxes....at least I was at KC's having a pint and playing some Golden Tee.
I believe that the misunderstandings that have led to some pointed words have been worked out. Most everyone that wants to have a good time either at the beach or in the woods in their trucks still do and they are more numerous than those that don't. After all the other FJC's left I stuck around and had a good talk with Patrick, Steve and Tom. They enjoied seeing all of the new faces and liked that we weren't just driving through the parking lot. The upcoming Matagorda Beach Clean-up run could be a good time to sit down with a several poeple to get to know and understand the history of the group better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Agreed, I heard that soon after I left people started getting on their soap boxes....at least I was at KC's having a pint and playing some Golden Tee.
As with any group there is bound to be some miss communications and fall outs. i think what was being said was more about this is where we were and this is where we want to go. I think that the older members have a lot of information and insight for us beginners. It is all about what you want to get out of it. I think this group for the most part is one of the better organized groups in Houston. Sure, we could start our own group...but why not start a group that can say...we started here and then combine the two.

:)

As far as the meet and greet Saturday...I had fun...minus the sun.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Luckee, I totally agree! I'm all about learning from the FJ Elders.

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
First off, great seeing everyone, old and new alike. Where is that 2 FJCruiser owner at?

Second...

/off topic
Luckee and I went to the first beach clean up earlier this year with TLCC-Houston group, and had a great time hanging out with all sorts of Toyota owners.

Like most any other offroad group, they really dont care what you wheel, as long as you wheel ~something~, and bring an extra cold beverage to share. Leave the bad attitude at home.

A great bunch of guys, with plenty of knowledge to go around.

Luckee and I will most likely be at the next beach cleanup, even if we dont camp (darn snakes).

Another well organized and national group is the TTORA guys ( Toyota Territory Off-Roaders Association (TTORA) ). And of course IH8mud.com ( IH8MUD.com - Home )

So many options so little time.
/end off topic

Glad to see everyone come out, hopefully now we can get some actual wheeling in. I heard mention of land lease...

61 - 64 of 64 Posts