Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Cool. I didn't know Toyota was doing this. It looks like it's just trucks but they'd better bring a bunch of FJ Cruisers too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the experiences of the Detroit Show, we may not have the ability to check out the FJ as expected. The pictures (from DS) showed it being roped off and that will really bite. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
Eclectic said:
From the experiences of the Detroit Show, we may not have the ability to check out the FJ as expected. The pictures (from DS) showed it being roped off and that will really bite. :mad:
you'll be able to sit in it if it's like the LA show. the blue one seems to be getting a bit trashed and same with the sema green. the silver still looks pretty tight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
caliFJ said:
you'll be able to sit in it if it's like the LA show.
YES! There is hope.:)

I'm crossing my fingers and toes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
Eclectic said:
YES! There is hope.:)

I'm crossing my fingers and toes.
the models in LA were butt ugly when i was there - that was a huge letdown. of all places, i was counting on LA to produce something good.....oh well....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
caliFJ said:
the models in LA were butt ugly when i was there - that was a huge letdown. of all places, i was counting on LA to produce something good.....oh well....
I'll keep you posted ;) on the Houston body style.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
I'd rope it off too if I were showing it in Detroit.

Also look for the nba all-star game to be a possible opportunity to see the fj as well. toyota is a title sponsor for the nba and for of course the toyota center. i've read in various business outlets that they will show case new cars...although they have not specified which ones yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Finally!!!!!!!!!!
They are listing the FJ Cruiser as one of the participants in this years auto show on the web site:http://www.houstonautoshow.com/2005/sneak.aspx
This is just peace of mind for all those having to drive great distance to see one.

And we get 6 more HP. Go figure- Must be all the crap we have in our ozone here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
csherrill said:
I'd rope it off too if I were showing it in Detroit.

Also look for the nba all-star game to be a possible opportunity to see the fj as well. toyota is a title sponsor for the nba and for of course the toyota center. i've read in various business outlets that they will show case new cars...although they have not specified which ones yet.
nba + yaris hatchback
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Excellent news Eclectic. I'll get to meet the beast for the first time. On a sadder note, I did confirm that the FJC will not be avaialble for Toyota's little driving track that they are advertising, only Tacos and Tundras. I guess there still isn't enough FJCs in N.A. to offer joy rides in them yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pancho said:
On a sadder note, I did confirm that the FJC will not be avaialble for Toyota's little driving track that they are advertising, only Tacos and Tundras.
As if you didn't already expect that. But true, very sad. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Hey Pancho...you planning on raiding the Hummer dealership on I-45 and running the FJ up their little POS concrete hill? If so...I'll be glad to come out and take pictures...as well as post your bail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Totally invite me too. Please. I think that hill is a joke and a 1/2. As soon as we get some good rain that thing will wash out and there will be little Hummers stuck everywhere. Seriously it is made of concrete. At least Landrover covers their concrete with stones to make it look off road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
now that's an idea. from the right angle you could get the hummer on the roof in the background too. Problem is they know me over there since I test drove an H3 a couple of weeks ago. And I told the guy I was probably going to buy an FJC. Hmm, maybe we could test drive an FJC together, I'd drive over there, you jump out for a quick shot, and we're gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
glad to know i am not the only one thinking of this. and yes the angle from the right side is perfect to where you could get the hummer on the roof in the background. definately possible say middle of the day around lunch on a tuesday. they'd probably have about two guys on the lot. in, up, picture, over, and out...five minutes top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
i'm going to have to go back over there and case the joint now. the wheels are turning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
What's up Houston???? Put my deposit down about a week ago at Star here in League City. 3rd in line. I've been waiting for the FJ since I 1st saw it a year ago. No time for MINI forums, ALL my time will be right here!!! Can't wait to actually see it next week at the auto show. WHEN IS OUR FIRST MEETING!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When are you going to the show? For me probably after church on Sunday the 29th. If you are planning to be there at the same time, study the avatar. You just might see it again.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top