Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall my mom having several Cadillacs back 10-20 years ago that had a display that would tell mpg. It would display miles to empty, miles per gallon since last fill and miles per gallon since you set a particular point on a trip. In addition it would give instant mpg. This allowed the driver to bump up or down their speed to get the best fuel economy. Most of the time it just took adjusting the cruise control 1 or 2 mph up or down to get the best performance.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Even the 4runners have this. Don't know why this kind of display wasn't included as well.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Even the 4runners have this. Don't know why this kind of display wasn't included as well.
One reason I can think of is to prevent owner heart attacks when you realize you're only getting 12mpg on PREMIUM fuel running only 6 cylinders! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Scanguage 2. Problem solved.
As long as you don't miss a fillup. If you do, your screwed. The ones in the 4runners are completely automatic.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Scanguage FTW. It great to see you are only getting 7 MPG when you put your foot in it going up hill. Or averaging 10 MPG while towing a 5x8 trailer!

·
Registered
947 Posts
speedo on fwy: 65=18 mpg, 60=21 mpg.
Town: under 2krpm shift=18mpg, 3krpm shift=16mpg.

Im just the opposite on my cars... I only want a tach and a few idiot lights that actually work. The rest of the gauges are just in the way! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts