Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer has given me an arrival date that's about three weeks out. Any ideas on how accurate this is? I think the dealer has reason to believe the date is good and they are not just throwing out a date to keep me from going somewhere else.

·
Registered
613 Posts
About as accurate as your chances of winning the lottery. :deal:

If you have a VIN and it has hit "port" then your dates are probably within a week or so...

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
The dealer has given me an arrival date that's about three weeks out. Any ideas on how accurate this is? I think the dealer has reason to believe the date is good and they are not just throwing out a date to keep me from going somewhere else.
If it's really that close to arrival at the dealership, then they should be able to tell within a 4-5 day window. Barring any accidents or damage at port or in transit, it should be close my friend.

We get a "dealer ETA" at around 3 weeks through the dealer interface called Dealer Daily.

If you would like me to run it through my Toyota "lie detector", shoot me your VIN and I'll check for you.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
If you asked for a common combination, they may just be waiting for one to show up in the area.

Voodoo Blue, Fusion, or Titanium CQ UP1 or2 with a rack? Yeah, I can get that in about 3 weeks too.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
That is of course if the FJ they are promising you is actually allocated to them and not one they are trying to grab from another dealership...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can't comment on other dealerships, but the one in AZ told me 4 days and I got it in 4. I believe to a previous point, the FJC was already in port.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
There was a lot of grab a$$ going on with dealers (lost one that way). Hopefully thats almost over. Then you'll get it pretty close to the timeline you were given (got one the week I was told).

·
Registered
20 Posts
when dealer told me of my date they where talking about "port" date not actual lot delivery. that threw me for a spin when i called on specifed date and was told not yet. i wanted to punch them for doing that to me. i made everyone i know get ready for the unveiling, needless to say the unveiling was very anti-climatic. luckely i live about four hours away from the port so lot delivery was about two days later.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine was supposed to come between the 14th and 19th. I called on the 19th, and the salesman told me that the dates had been changed from the 17th thru the 20th. It came late on night on the 19th. We picked it up on the 20th.

Later,
Derrick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts