Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Premium Member
13,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota finally updated the FJ Cruiser making it a much better, cooler looking or much easier to live with vehicle (diesel, four real doors, more space in back, etc) . . .

. . . but none of the accessories you've already spent big bucks for (such as bumpers, skids, sliders, roof racks, etc) would fit the new version ??? :lookaround:

· Registered
623 Posts
For me, it wouldnt matter one bit. I think the current model fits my needs perfectly. I love the way it looks, especially modded a bit, so no issue there. Mileage is acceptable, although more is always better, to have to purchase a new vehicle wouldnt make sense for me. And the amount of space is plenty for things I do, and want to do. I am single with no kids, but a GF and two dogs, and we get to where we need to go with what we need. :)

case

· Banned
9,870 Posts
For me, it wouldnt matter one bit. I think the current model fits my needs perfectly. I love the way it looks, especially modded a bit, so no issue there. Mileage is acceptable, although more is always better, to have to purchase a new vehicle wouldnt make sense for me. And the amount of space is plenty for things I do, and want to do. I am single with no kids, but a GF and two dogs, and we get to where we need to go with what we need. :)

case
:cheers:

· Registered
19,504 Posts
Toyota finally updated the FJ Cruiser making it a much better, cooler looking or much easier to live with vehicle (diesel, four real doors, more space in back, etc) . . .

. . . but none of the accessories you've already spent big bucks for (such as bumpers, skids, sliders, roof racks, etc) would fit the new version ??? :lookaround:
What do you know about this that nobody else does WOODSMAN??? You 're not holding out on us now, are you??? Hmmmmm???!!!:rofl:

· Registered
2,850 Posts
Wouldn't care. I happen to love the suicide doors and the looks of it it has more than enough room to carry me and all my gear not even counting the roof rack and it drives much better than my Wrangler did.

As said before, only thing I would trade in for is if they did either of these..

· Registered
278 Posts
I would never expect a new model to have parts compatibility to be honest. If some ended up being compatible then so be it but its not an expectation. If they ruin the next FJC model then I will just stick with the 1st Gen FJC and continue to be happy.

· Premium Member
6,654 Posts
most mfg's update their model every 5 years, so this would not be unexpected. the next generation is usually better looking and has more features.

· Registered
254 Posts
This is pretty typically what happens. You have a 2010 XYZ, the 2014 comes out and your HID headlights or intake, etc doesn't fit. It is more surprising when stuff DOES carry over. The aftermarket companies love when the new model doesn't allow you to move your stuff over, sales opportunity!

· Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Change is a part of life. I'm guessing it wouldn't change a whole lot anyway (interchangeable parts with other models, etc).

I remember the rumors here a couple years ago about a combined "FJRunner" being released. On the other hand, it seems the body style of the 4Runner has become more boxy in the past couple years.

Whatever happens is fine with me.

· Registered
678 Posts
If I wanted 4 doors and more cargo capacity, I'd have bought a 4runner trail. As for deisel, I'll keep dreaming because it will never happen. I love the FJ as is, it is not a daily driver for me and no kids, yet. When they come, I will squeeze them in there for camping... and have a different (boring ) vehicle to haul them to hockey practice...
This trend is what took us away from the cars we loved. Everything needs to be "bigger, better, shinier" .... It is because the auto journalists are such wankers and think everything should be covered in leather, comfy, convenient and have 400HP. Look at what happened to the civic, corolla, Rav 4, and every SUV.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.