Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my birthday I am getting the choice to chose which offroad tires I want. I currently have 265/70/16 Pirelli Scorpion AT's on my black diamond Fj but I would like to go up a size to about 285/75/16 by either Toyo tires or the Nitto Terra Grapplers. Do I need to add spacers or a 3" lift so they wont rub or can I put them on without a lift or spacers? Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Do you plan on getting a lift? If so, I would wait and do tires and lift at the same time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
do this. get a set of stock front struts from a 4X4 fj, replace your front 2wd struts and you will get a little extra height out of the front. you can get these 4X4 stock front struts off anyone who has lifted there 4X4 fj. (i have a set with about 100 miles sitting in my garage...perfect condition). should be able to get them for less than $100 or even free if your lucky<>>>>>>once you do this, you can run 285's with minimal or no rub:bigthumb::bigthumb:. this should keep you happy w running a larger tire and ur pops happy by keeping the gas mileage reasonable.

FYI>>i run the full Donahoe kit front and back with bfg 35's. i get about 15-16 mpg on avg. with 285's i think i was getting closer to 18 mpg's . hope this helps.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks projekt 4, im in jacksonville florida so your way too far for me to go... or would you be willing to ship yours to me and i would pay for shipping, but if you cant do this...do you know anyone who is willing to give theirs away, I am willing to drive anywhere in Florida or Georgia to go and get them

·
Registered
179 Posts
ok.>>go to the parts for sale section of this forum. in the "want to buy" area...post a message that you are looking for OEM 4X4 front struts for cheap or free. the FJ community is really helpful and you will be suprised at the people out there willing to help you out. alot of people have these sitting in there garage takin up space. you may even find a member who is willing to help you do the install..it is very easy, but a little help is always good.

if you come up empty handed in a week or so..let me know. maybe we could work something out on mine. try and pick up locally first:rocker:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok.>>go to the parts for sale section of this forum. in the "want to buy" area...post a message that you are looking for OEM 4X4 front struts for cheap or free. the FJ community is really helpful and you will be suprised at the people out there willing to help you out. alot of people have these sitting in there garage takin up space. you may even find a member who is willing to help you do the install..it is very easy, but a little help is always good.

if you come up empty handed in a week or so..let me know. maybe we could work something out on mine. try and pick up locally first:rocker:
Thanks man for the help it is very appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.