Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a new set of Man-A-Fre 4+Plus FJ Cruiser High Angle Super HD Control Arms ( Man-A-Fre Advance Off-Road Solutions ) and am wondering how difficult it is to install them.

I searched the forum and didn't find an install thread for LCA's anywhere.

I need to know how to do it anyway.

Thanks for any help.

:cheers:

-

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
It a pain in the $ss if you dont do it the right way.You have to use a rachet strap to make sure the axle does not shift back on you.Rachet both sides to the frame & you are set.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
vince its super easy if you need help give me a email ill swing by and help out

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
vince its super easy if you need help give me a email ill swing by and help out
use the buddy system works better...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
It a pain in the $ss if you dont do it the right way.You have to use a rachet strap to make sure the axle does not shift back on you.Rachet both sides to the frame & you are set.
wtf no way do it on level ground and it just drops out do one side at a time and don't jack the truck up took me all of 10 mins to swap out my lca and we jacked up felonious fj and it too 45 mins a side so take a k.i.s.s approach

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Its supper easy Vince. shouldn't take more then 30-45 min. thats including putting the tools away.

Leave Fj on the ground undo nuts and bolts on one side pull old link and then install new link. Tighten bolts to spec and I would recommend a little loc-tight as well. Then repeat on other side, one side at a time. If axle rolls back a little use a ratchet strap to bring it back inplace.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Great thanks guys - Thug, I'll probably take you up on your offer - thank again - this forum and the SoCal group is awesome - :cheers:

-

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
:
Its supper easy Vince. shouldn't take more then 30-45 min. thats including putting the tools away.

Leave Fj on the ground undo nuts and bolts on one side pull old link and then install new link. Tighten bolts to spec and I would recommend a little loc-tight as well. Then repeat on other side, one side at a time. If axle rolls back a little use a ratchet strap to bring it back inplace.
Well said...

·
Registered
55 Posts
wtf no way do it on level ground and it just drops out do one side at a time and don't jack the truck up took me all of 10 mins to swap out my lca and we jacked up felonious fj and it too 45 mins a side so take a k.i.s.s approach
Has anybody found that it was better to have the FJ on the ground when replacing the Upper Arms as well? I am concerned with preserving the pinion angle when replacing the MAF High Angle arms since they aren't preset to the proper length and you have to adjust them and tighten down the jam nut during the install. Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Just watch your thumbs Vince! (Remember what happened to Larry:lol:)
Oh! if you don't have ratchet straps(good one Josh!) Tie down straps work well too. They just take a little more effort.:)

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Has anybody found that it was better to have the FJ on the ground when replacing the Upper Arms as well? I am concerned with preserving the pinion angle when replacing the MAF High Angle arms since they aren't preset to the proper length and you have to adjust them and tighten down the jam nut during the install. Any comments/advice would be appreciated.
You definitely want to keep the FJ on the ground, jacking it up will only make it 20x harder.

I would recommend adjusting the new link while it is off the FJ. Remove one side and adjust the new link to that length prior to install. Its an easy job.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks much guys - :bigthumb:

-

-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts