Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, 3D and I have decided that we will not be able to attend the Summit. Believe us, we are sad about it! Many factors played into our decision. A BIG one was that Dan was actually laid off when Baylie was just 5 days old.....He did get another job and he starts on Monday - which is great news!

With the new job, he has limited time off at first, of course. Also, we need to catch up on some bills......

The layoff was actually pretty awesome as he got sooo much great quality time with Baylie!

I can't believe that she is already 1 month old!

We will post some more pics for everyone and will definitely miss the Summit big time!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,654 Posts
I am not going either, we can hang here and pollute the forums while every one is out eating their cake.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
I will be online wishing I could go right there with ya Kat. :cheers:

You do whats best for yall.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Wow Kat sorry you guys can't make it but its a wise choice on your guys part. Glad Dan got a new job already thats great and like you said couldn't have planned it better for him to spend quality time with you and Baylie. I will make sure to take pictures for you 3. :)

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be online wishing I could go right there with ya Kat. :cheers:

You do whats best for yall.
....so.....robbing a bank is good.........OK! :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow Kat sorry you guys can't make it but its a wise choice on your guys part. Glad Dan got a new job already thats great and like you said couldn't have planned it better for him to spend quality time with you and Baylie. I will make sure to take pictures for you 3. :)
We will miss you! Froggy wants to come and visit us when the weather cools off.....in about 5 months I would guess.....you should come with him!

·
fka GW193
1,390 Posts
We'll miss ya'll. Hope things are going great with Baylie and Dan's new job. I know you're really disappointed, as are all of us who won't get the pleasure of meeting you and your family.
Best wishes,
GW

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
It would actually be wise for me to skip it but a buddy is coming along and is as excited or more excited than I am. We'll miss meeting Kat though.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Sorry to hear that Katfish.. Glad all is getting better for you....

We'll see you at next year.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
We will miss you! Froggy wants to come and visit us when the weather cools off.....in about 5 months I would guess.....you should come with him!
That would be cool, I'll keep it in mind.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Kat, I hate the ya'll will not be able to attend, but I understand. You will be missed. But on a good note, we'll get to see you a lot on SMC rides when ya'll move to Johnson City, TN :)

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kat, I hate the ya'll will not be able to attend, but I understand. You will be missed. But on a good note, we'll get to see you a lot on SMC rides when ya'll move to Johnson City, TN :)
This thread is making me soooo sad! I knew it would be a tough one to post!

Johnson City is still in our "possibilities"! :)

For the 20,000 forum members, I've got a suggestion for ya.....savings account.......we don't really have one, so him losing his job was quite a blow! Live and learn....we are now running on a tight budget!:lol:

I don't even know if I'll be able to look at all the pictures......UGH! :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
Your situation is not much different than a lot of other people. I would not doubt it if more people bail out at the last minute.

Sorry you can make it.:mecry: You sound interesting from what I read. A bit scary in a fun way.:rocker:

Can you sell your registration? recoup some money.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
That's a tough one. Like others have said, you have to do what is right for the family and it sounds like that is what you are doing. You have to be thankful that in today's times, your hubby got another job so quickly.

After reading your threads with the baby coming and all, I was looking forward to meeting your daughter and hubby. But, some other time when you guys can get to one of the other events down here in the good ole south.

Like others have said, you will be missed by many and I'm sure there will be more than one "adult beverage" tipped on you and your family's behalf...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
NO Baylie time...:mecry: I do understand. With Donald and his two trips, NYC and Japan, and Nicole and her schooling. Believe me I understand about finances.

You will be missed, but in our thoughts. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Well Kat i understand, we too had to cancel Ouray, :mecry:because of financial reasons, we really wanted to go, but our tight budget said NO! After the financial burden of having the grandson for 6 months and my business dropped dramatiaclly (forcing me into a new career about a month ago)we are just now almost caught up on things, maybe in about 3 weeks! So we will miss the fun too! There is always next year! and we will try and plan better for that one!
I was waiting to last possible minute to announce our decision, but you made it a little easier! thanks! JK!!
Go have a beer and fo-get aboud it!:cheers:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts