Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, how do I look? I bet my yesterday was better than yours.......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Long story, check your PM...I'll tell the story for all the others, but read the PM first.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, Boys and Girls, Readers Digest version, My wife calls me yesterday and says shes behind a Yellow FJ (Orange County of So Cal.). Short story, I have her follow the guy, I talk on cell phone to him, I get to see it and go for a test ride. I'm trying to download a few pics (computer is fighting me and winning), but they are almost all of the exterior. Questions?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was the Yellow one from Ojai (allegedly)......Rides sweet, the Stereo rocks like no other, 8" in the doors, overheads are where the B pillar (if it had one)would meet the roof, just behind and over drivers left ear, pass. 's right, 2 on the flat of the dash and 2 speakers in back corner, C pillar? and a 10" sub that blasts!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
EJR said:
OK, Boys and Girls, Readers Digest version, My wife calls me yesterday and says shes behind a Yellow FJ (Orange County of So Cal.). Short story, I have her follow the guy, I talk on cell phone to him, I get to see it and go for a test ride. I'm trying to download a few pics (computer is fighting me and winning), but they are almost all of the exterior. Questions?
gee if you and i switched places and if i was married to your wife then i guess that would be me behind the wheel in the picture. tell your lady she's married to an awful lucky guy. yes i'm green with envy. better buy your lady a nice dinner out for her reward. tell her the world thanks her. and please send us all more pictures.

·
Registered
60 Posts
EJR,
I'm so jealous!!!!!! Tell your wife thanks and thank you for sharing that with us. Are you still going to go with the black cherry?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't see the dash at SEMA, .....it looks real clean at night with the white gauges lit up, funny though the center area, radios, etc is orange. Yes, I'm a lucky man married to a special lady.

The call went like this...
Her: "I think I'm behind an FJ...it's pretty cool.
Me: FOLLOW HIM!!!
Her: ...and do what?
Me: I DON'T KNOW, BUT FOLLOW HIM!!! SEE IF YOU CAN GET HIM TO STOP AND TELL HIM I WANT TO SEE IT!!!!
Her: But I'm in the wrong lane, Hold on.....Yeah, he's pulling over

......talk in the background......hold on, hear you talk to him.
Me: grovel, grovel, please, please.........you will?.......very cool!! :D

My new BEST Friend :cool: writes for an offroad mag and has had it for a week.
A couple of hours later, I'm sitting in it, next thing I know, he's showing me what it can do on one of the local trails. :D :D

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, Black Cherry....

·
Registered
390 Posts
Excellent post! I like large outside mirrors, but the FJ's are GARGANTUAN!!! The FJ looks awesome in Sun Fusion (read 'yellow', but does not sound good to the Toyota marketing group), and is my #1 FJC color choice. I wonder if the mirror is a production part...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
mini2nut said:
Excellent post! I like large outside mirrors, but the FJ's are GARGANTUAN!!! The FJ looks awesome in Sun Fusion (read 'yellow', but does not sound good to the Toyota marketing group), and is my #1 FJC color choice. I wonder if it's the mirrors are production pieces...

I hate to hit the mirror a tree with them. Hell replacement cost for them will be $300 bills.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
EJR!!!
Let us all genuflect and bask in your glory for a moment. And the fact that you owe it all to your wife! Awesome. We send her all of our praises. Gotta love a woman like that.

To answer your question, you look fantastic in the radioactive yellow. And yes, your yesterday was threehundredandfortyseventimes better than mine. I'd say you look like a fellow that's just hijacked the Holy Grail and you're on your way home to hawk it on ebay.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
so can you tell us how it drove? Did it handle really well? Was the back of it ugly in person? :) Did the interior feel cheap or nice? Give us some good driving impressions if you would...I'm really curious (and congrats for getting to have such a great day)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Trainwreck said:
Damn YOU! :) I'm verry envi ous.---------Thats the best day anyone of us could ask for!

I guess it happens to someone.----Good for U :)
ditto :mad:

1 - 20 of 137 Posts