Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
I bet you could make a mount with a quick fist and the top of a tripod.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Definately. I have an extra quick fist. I'm gonna give it a shot too...but I don't have a roof rack.
What if some one had some mounting plates made up that fit in the mounting holes for the roof rack and then had a mount welded/attached to that. That would work for people with or with out a roof rack. I wouldn't think it would be real hard. If I get some free time :lol: I will see if I can make something like that.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
that would be awesome. Let me know what u come up with. There's someone on the forum who made a mount that hooks to the passenger head rest post and sticks out the passenger window. Can't recall who though.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
that would be awesome. Let me know what u come up with. There's someone on the forum who made a mount that hooks to the passenger head rest post and sticks out the passenger window. Can't recall who though.
I did that one but I don't use it much the head mount I used sucks and it shakes a lot. If it had a good head it would be awesome I would also recommend a drill press I thought I was good enough with just a hand drill and ended up having to make my holes more like a elongated circle thing :lol:

check post 25
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/6288-homemade-mods-lets-see-em-3.html#post190394

·
Registered
8,951 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have this old Sony video camera that I would like to mount on the outside of the FJC for recording trail runs. Anyone have an inexpensive do-it-yourself solution?
Fourtrex has a roof rack camera mount. I don't remember the price off hand however.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
This is what I'm considering...

Sticky Pod - Camera Mounts
Man, those are a great idea, especially if you don't want something permanent and only for occasional use. However, I would think that the motion of bouncing up and down would make the video audience sick, but using a solid mount on a smooth road would be fine.

What's really needed is a combination of the stickypod mount and some kind of counterbalance to assist the camera in staying level. Picture in your mind something like an old-style balancing scale...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts