Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure I how I manage to pop this piece out, but im having trouble getting it back in. Can anyone give me some tips? thank you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im not sure I how I manage to pop this piece out, but im having trouble getting it back in. Can anyone give me some tips? thank you!

Just push it in with a little force and you will hear it snap back into place. Unless the snap is busted.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me and buddy tried pushing it in and nothing happens. Almost seems like it has to be pushed in and then the tabs inside get locked into the rectangular notches? Where is the 'snap' your talking about located? Could I visually see it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
those notches have to lock in so it has to be pushed down, in then up. a little muscle may be needed to really square it up and shimmy it in place but like was said, if the snaps aren't broken it should pop right in.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
If you don't know how it happened, it probably happened while offroading and the bumper wing hit a ledge. I would check to see if the snaps are broken if its not snapping back in place. Mine snapped back into place pretty easily when i installed my hitch.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Take the bumper off and you will see. It is super easy to take off. When taking mine off I noticed that on that same latch the male end came unhooked from the plastic panel. I just pulled it out of the body and slid it back into it's slot on the plastic cover and it snapped back in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts