Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing the interior lights to LED, and I can't seem to figure out how to get the map light covers off without ripping them off the headliner fabric.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
have to use some muscle as they dont want to budge. use a tiny screwdriver flat point and wedge it in between the lens cover and the plastic edging.

·
Registered
78 Posts
you are probably trying to pull on the grey plastic trim. only the clear plastic lens comes out. use a small screwdriver and there are 2 points to pry on to get it to pop out.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Are you talking about the driver/front passenger map lights?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you talking about the driver/front passenger map lights?

Thanks... I was actually trying to open from the exterior sides of the case.. It took like 2 seconds to get that off after I stuck a flathead on the interior part.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do the map lights take the same bulb as the dome lights? I replaced both domes and couldn't figure out to get these map light covers off either. Do you pop them out where the circle is?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Yes, they use different bulbs. To get them off, just hold one side of it down a little and stick a small flathead screwdriver where that red circle is.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Cool, glad you got it all worked out. I'm happy with my new LEDs, huge difference.

Thanks... I was actually trying to open from the exterior sides of the case.. It took like 2 seconds to get that off after I stuck a flathead on the interior part.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Map lights are 5W wedge bulbs.

Do the map lights take the same bulb as the dome lights? I replaced both domes and couldn't figure out to get these map light covers off either. Do you pop them out where the circle is?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts