Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some FJ hater did a hit and run on my ride taking off the rear right end cap. I ordered a new one online ($115 ouch). Now I'm trying to figure out how to install it. Please help me fix my FJ's boo boo. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Some FJ hater did a hit and run on my ride taking off the rear right end cap. I ordered a new one online ($115 ouch). Now I'm trying to figure out how to install it. Please help me fix my FJ's boo boo. Thanks
You have to removed the rear bumper. The endcaps are held by white plastic clips.

Here are the removal instructions:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered the Pad online for $115 including shipping. Had to then order the 5 clips to hold the pad in place. I downloaded the instructions that were posted here. I went to my tool box and pulled out my hammer and channel locks and decided things would not end well. So, I called my mechanic and he told me to hit up his body repair guy. I showed up there at 8am. !/2 hour later, the pad was on and my ride was once again whole. He charged me $20. He did not remove the entire bumper. He used tools I had never even seen before. Thanks l for the info.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Man kinda pricey, Where are you located? I would of gave you the part and put it on over a sixer of beer. Glad it all worked out for ya in the end though.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts