Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to change out some bulbs for brighter leds. Can anyone tell me how to get to the bulbs for the side mirror lights and if it is worth the effort to put led's in them?

·
Registered
100 Posts
There are threads on this site and youtube vids on how to stick a screwdriver up behind the mirror from the bottom center to remove the glass.
The light socket simply twists out then. I just installed the brighest amber lights from DD, only takes a few minutes. They are a 194 base.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,203 Posts
It’s easy and hard.... the mirror clips in at the bottom and hooks in at the top. The theory is easy... tilt the mirror all the way up so the bottom sticks out. Pull outward to release the clips and that’s it. BUT if they’ve never been off before they are very very tight and you think they will break. If you warm it all up then it is very much easier and the only way I could actually manage to do it. You have to still pull hard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Remove the blue disc's while you're in there. Worth the effort. Amber LED's from supporting vendor Diode Dynamics. :grin
How exactly did you dig out the blue disc? My only idea was to dig around with a Phillips head screwdriver and try to pry it out but don’t want to scratch that plastic lens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts