Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through the forum I couldn't find anything comprehensive on how to remove my rear turn signals.

Anyone got some info on how to do that?

I found some stuff on how to remove the rear speaker, but that's about it!

Seems unlikely that it isn't here somewhere! I feel like I've come to the end of the internet...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Like 1911 said, there are three 10mm nuts that need to be removed. They can be accesed easier if the plastic is removed(Yes the whole rear plastic panel). Then you will need some long extensions and a deep socket. OH! Don't drop anything into the abyss, you will never see it again. Use a flash light to locate the nuts after you remove (or loosen and peal back)the panel's. Good luck!:bandit:

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Several Members have stated they are easily removed with trees and Rocks while out on the trail....:lol:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
A nice magnet on a long flex handle is a great tool to put in your tool box. NAPA or another parts store will have them. Rule of thumb is, you will drop it and it will fall into the hardest place to get it out of.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I thought taking out the lights was a breeze. But I am a girl and have pretty small hands. Good luck. Why are you taking them out?

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow...I've never seen another post in which the danger of dropping nuts was so high...I'm going to have to be extra careful.

FJ_AZ, you ask a good question...it is for the most useless mod ever posted (well, perhaps not THE most useless). Yes, I want to challenge myself by wasting time on a set of emergency strobes I happen to have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts