Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am having a tough time deciding what color I want, I think I want Sun Fusion, but I have not seen it in real life yet. I have only seen black, which I like, but I know scratches will show easily on that. How do all of the colors look in real life vs. pictures? Thanks all.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yellow is a tough color to get to show up right in photos. The blue also looks very saturated.

The SunFusion yellow is a warm (orangey) yellow, closer to (some) of the other "yellow" cars on the road. I have also seen several very pale cold yellows out there, so comparing to other cars is difficult. Some of the Xterras/Trucks that I've seen that are Yellow are similar in hue, but Recently I've seen an Xterra that is very pale yellow... so I don't know if Nissan changed their paint, or someone has peculiar color taste. The closest reference I have that you have likely seen is a Bluebird Schoolbus. (but shiny).

I've not seen anything that is precisley on with the blue, although the Xterra blue is close, but I think the Xterra blue is a touch too purple.

I've not seen the Black Cherry... but I imagine it's a similar color to the Scion Black Cherry.

edit: I does spell gud

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Sun Fusion is VERY yellow, similar to the yellow on the H2. I found it far too bright for my tastes.

/

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Sparky said:
Yellow is a tough color to get to show up right in photos. The blue also looks very saturated.

The SunFusion yellow is a warm (orangey) yellow, closer to (some) of the other "yellow" cars on the road. I have also seen several very pale cold yellows out there, so compareing to other cars is difficult. Some of the Xterras/Trucks that I've seen that are Yellow are similar in hue, but Recently I've seen an Xterra that is very pale yellow... so I don't know if Nissan changed their paint, or someone has peculiar color taste. The closest reference I have that you have likely seen is a Bluebird Schoolbus. (but shiny).

I've not seen anything that is precisley on with the blue, although the Xterra blue is close, but I think the Xterra blue is a touch too purple.

I've not seen the Black Cherry... but I imagine it's a similar color to the Scion Black Cherry.
Great explaination, I completely agree. I have a Sun Fusion

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool cool, i want to check out all of the colors, but so far all I have seen in real life is black, anyone in NH mind if I come see theirs? :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
From this graphic designer's standpoint, it's the best automotive yellow out there today. It has just the right amount of magenta to give it a warmer glow (most yellows are too stark). It's comparable to what a layperson might term "schoobus yellow".

Suffice it to say, if you're even considering a Sun Fusion, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i was originally getting the sun fusion yellow FJ but when I saw that black monster on the lot, test drove it and heard the TRD growl... dude! You cant go wrong with BLACK!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I work for the school board in vehicle maintaince . I bought it because I will have a lifetime supply of touch-up paint !!!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
There isn't a picture out there that does even a reasonable job of showing the color on these FJ's they way they are in person! I went Voodoo but the Yellow had way more visual draw in person than it did in the pictures. It's quite nice but I just couldn't pull the trigger on something that bright!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yellow is it!!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
The descriptions of the yellow here in this thread sound much more yellow than what I saw in person on the one I test drove. I like the yellow a lot on the XTerra but this looked school bus yellow/orange to me. I just couldn't get that thought out of my head so I passed.

That said, the yellows in some of the pictures here look much more yellow than what I saw. Any regional variation in the paint shops?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Team Rampant Lion said:
The descriptions of the yellow here in this thread sound much more yellow than what I saw in person on the one I test drove. I like the yellow a lot on the XTerra but this looked school bus yellow/orange to me. I just couldn't get that thought out of my head so I passed.

That said, the yellows in some of the pictures here look much more yellow than what I saw. Any regional variation in the paint shops?
Not likely they are all painted in the same shop In Japan.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Team Rampant Lion said:

I've noticed my FJ looks like it has more orange when is it dirty. I think this yellow is better than the exterra, nothing close to a school bus color.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ruebarb said:
I've noticed my FJ looks like it has more orange when is it dirty. I think this yellow is better than the exterra, nothing close to a school bus color.
Your avatar looks like the color I would have wanted. I have always found the yellow/black combo appealing (former scuba diver attraction I think - had a lot of yellow/black stuff). I'll have to go search out another FJ as the one I saw didn't have the yellow - POW - a lot of you are describing.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
nhFJ said:
Hi all

I am having a tough time deciding what color I want, I think I want Sun Fusion, but I have not seen it in real life yet. I have only seen black, which I like, but I know scratches will show easily on that. How do all of the colors look in real life vs. pictures? Thanks all.
It's not as vibrant a yellow as it sometimes appears in pictures...otherwise I would have bought one in Sun Fusion. It's definately not "Canary Yellow" more of a sunflower color. I really like the way the yellow looks on the inside of the car and may contemplate having the interior panels painted yellow to contrast the blue...I know, sacralidge to some...but hey...this is my FJ....you can do whatever you want to yours.

I'm partial to blue which is why I purchased Voodoo B. It takes me back to my '72 FJ 40 days...(see avitar).:cool: I never really got that FJ out of my system. Just had to sell it for something more practical.:confused: But such is life..it goes on and so do we...then one day you have a new Voodoo Blue FJ sitting in your garage.:D

Ok, I'm projecting forward a week or two...Mine's supposed to get into port on 4:20. Glad spirit has a sense of humor!!!:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts