Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original 2007 dipstick was feeling odd when I'd push it in -- like it wasn't sure how far to go in. Like maybe it'd worn to the point where I was now pushing it in too far. And I didn't remember how far it used to go in.

I figured this is critical to get an accurate reading of the oil level. So I replaced it with a brand new Toyota FJ dipstick. But I'm still not sure how far it's supposed to go in. It seems to want to stop when the steel o-ring near the bottom end of the yellow handle starts to resist against the receiver tube flare, but then it looks like this:

Like it could still go in another "stop" or two. If I push a little harder it'll go all the way down till it bottoms out at the wide part of the handle (both "stops" disappear into the receiver). But is that too far?

Can someone please tell me how far it's supposed to go in? Do I need to replace the receiver to get it to feel right? I hope not.

Thanks for your sage advice.

Dave

·
Admin
7,018 Posts
Jam that thing all the way in.
Screenshot_20191210-212014_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
The dip stick on the FJ has never been accurate. Mine doesn't burn oil so I just out 5.5 qts of oil in at oil change time and don`t worry about it until the next oil change. I don`t think I`ve pulled the dip stick in over 12 years :)

·
Admin
7,018 Posts
So many jokes... must resist... 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬🤯
No kidding... my tongue is still bleeding from biting it.
🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.