Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I searched this topic and didn't see anything but about how far can you go once the fuel light on? I went about 20km (12miles)the other day because I am a doughead and forgot to fuel up cuz I was talking on the phone....But I made it.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Mine usually takes about 14-15 gallons when i fill up once it comes on. So, that should leave ~4 gallons left. 4 gallons times 18 miles/gallon = 72 miles left.

·
Registered
644 Posts
The light should come on when you have 4 gallons left. How far depends on how you drive. My personal best has been 78 miles. I didn't run out, I just stopped at a station because I knew the next one was probably too far. I used my drive like grandpa technique which is usually good for over 22 mpg.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi All,
I agree with the others here that an FJ TT can go about another 60 miles after the light comes on. Of course, that is highway, speed limit driving. I wouldn't try that pulling something or trail cruising. I just got 327 miles on my tank and filled it up and still had 2 gallons in the tank. That was my best so far, only 1500 miles on my baby.

FJDunkball :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I just did this on Saturday. Ran 362 miles total, and still had 1/2 gallon left. Total at the gas station was 18.5 gallons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts