Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
one of the people that replied's name is "01Cavalier." another drives a 95 pontiac and 02 Z-28 (and admits it!)

yeah, that about sums it up....

·
Registered
258 Posts
those guys dont get it, seriously....but its good that they don't , cause we dont need a bunch of dicks driving our FJ who boast "We've got 1.8 liter eco-whatever Cavaliers and we need someplace to talk crap about cars with bigger engine displacements than our own grandma tow-behind-the-motorhome cars.

ok...I'm done...no more :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think it is a mix of fear and jealously. I guess they are a bit bummed that Toyota is willing to go out on a limb and give us something we really wanted instead of playing it safe. Keep in mind how we would feel if the Bronco had been fast tracked to production and Toyota canned the FJ. They are also afraid that they will be constantly forced to read unending commentary as writers give it accolades and awards. So I feel for them.......ok I'm done it sucks to clean offices. :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
They have no clue.......about a lot of things. There is a little open-mindedness but mostly ingnorance about the fj and what is was produced from (old fj).

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
it was basically a "ew it's Japanese it must be bad response from most of them." Okay next topic before we all start getting mean :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Things that were considered "hideous" when new:

1-Eiffel Tower in Paris

2-Chrysler Building in New York

3-Edsel car

4- Elves (once thought little ugly creatures, now cute, magical)

5- AIR

:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have you ever gone out in public and wondered why the majority of people in a crowd look like they have absolutely no sense of style? Nobody cares what kind of clothes they wear or kind of car they drive. I dont come close to understanding how a person can go to a car lot and pick out a Ford Taurus or a Chevy Monte Carlo. I have always felt that I was different than most people for driving a lifted truck looking down on all the ugly sorry excuses for SUVs and so called "sports cars". If GM and Ford actually made an apealing looking product they wouldnt have lost the market to Toyota.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Does your lifted truck have a manual transmission? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Okay, I was almost offended until I realized that some of these guys actually have pics up of their cavalier! I've not read such uneducated bashing - EVER. I mean, at least they also bashed their own coveted GM aztek heritage, but...

Half the posts were complaining about preproduction plastics.

What's important to toyota? FUNCTION.

What's important to GM? Following the norm and producing mass-marketed crap in an already flooded market of, yeah that's right.... crap.

I'm no fool. I know everything I need to know about this truck to know I WANT ONE NOW! If GM would build SOMETHING with personality they might not lose their reign over the auto industry to Toyota in 2006!

Bunch of losers... I'm gonna enjoy pulling H3's, Canyon's, Colorado's, and Envoy's out of mudholes, while enjoying my offroading in the company of lifted Jeeps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Glad to see they won't all be bought out the first few months------but once word get around I bet half those people change their stance. look out cause then they'll be coming.------by then all the MT's will be gone though!

Gota love the fact that it at least evokes a responce---enough with all these cars and truck that just say BLAH----something different and unusual is almost always shuned until it becomes seen as unique, just like the FJ.

:D

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM #10
New_Mexico_Sunset_on_Rt66
5.3 Liter Vortec V8

Location: Cedar Rapids, IA (formerly lived in sunny New Mexico (y muchacho lo falto))
Rep Power: 0New_Mexico_Sunset_on_Rt66 is on a distinguished road

Re: NAIAS: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Doesn't do much for me, but it should find some buyers. ***Especially amongst those that believe Toyota [email protected] spring breezes.***
1992 Pontiac Grand Am
1998 Oldmobile Intrigue
2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28
1972 Chevrolet C-10 P/U
Truth is only one of those vehicles works on any giving day so thats why he has to have 7 GM's rather then 1 Toyota. The sad part is he is GM upper management. hehehehehehhe :D

·
Registered
963 Posts
Roosterdo said:
Truth is only one of those vehical works on any giving day so thats why he has to have 7 GM's rather then 1 Toyota. The sad part is he is GM upper management. hehehehehehhe :D
It's funny 'cause it's true!

GM Execs: "OMG THE FUTURE! Hold me, Jim-Bob, I'm a-scared!"

- LC

1 - 20 of 34 Posts