Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

How long did your BFG MT's last? (not KM2's)

• less than 15,000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between 15 and 25,000 miles

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Between 25 and 35,000 miles

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Between 35 and 45,000 miles

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Greater than 50,000 miles (sweeeet!)

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new set of BFG MT's (255/75/17) and I am curious how long I should expect them to last? Driving conditions: Mostly in town/highway with the occasional trip to the beach. How long did yours last? :thinkerg:

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
10,500 miles on mine and they still have plenty of tread left. At least a 1/2", but closer to 9/16" in most places. I'm not sure what they were originally, but they are wearing quite well. Highway, City, Trails and Mud.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Right about now I'm at 28K and so far the thread has been holding up, the threads might be a little beat up from the trails, but it still has plenty of thread left on it.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
10,500 miles on mine and they still have plenty of tread left. At least a 1/2", but closer to 9/16" in most places. I'm not sure what they were originally, but they are wearing quite well. Highway, City, Trails and Mud.

Nice sipes on your MTs!!!!:rocker:

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
Nice sipes on your MTs!!!!:rocker:
Thanks,
They cost me $20/tire extra but it was well worth it. One of the knocks on the MT's was traction on ice and hard packed snow, the sipes make up for that and make these pretty nice winter tires. Not Blizzaks or hakkapeliitta's but still pretty good. Plus everything I've read says that it helps extend the tread life and traction. This is true for my situation, but they would get torn to shreds in really rocky terrain. The sipes also give my fj a bit of a squishy feeling at highway speeds on pavement. Nothing I didn't get used to, but it was a bit weird at first. Both are trade-offs I can live with though because I don't wheel in very much rocky terrain and rarely go over 65mph on the highway.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Put about 20K on my 285/75R16s on Lurch ('99 4Runner) and am sneaking up on another 10K on the Short Bus. Still look like new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts