Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

How Long Have You Been on the Forum? Since...

Votes: 6 6.5%

Votes: 9 9.7%

Votes: 7 7.5%

Votes: 9 9.7%

Votes: 6 6.5%

Votes: 5 5.4%

Votes: 8 8.6%

Votes: 10 10.8%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 2 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simple Question for You Guys! How long have you been a part of the forum? Click your answer in the poll above! Will be really impressed if we have some 2005 folks still on here!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,944 Posts
I first found the forum in December of 2005 but didn't actually join until May of 2006 as I really didn't know what I was doing as this was the first forum I'd been around. I was searching for a new vehicle and didn't really like the Tacoma very well at the time and then found out about the FJ. It's been a neat ride seeing the FJ from the beginning when no one was sure what it would be like to having people placing orders and then the first photos being posted of then hitting the port storage lots. Then people posting photos of their FJs when they picked them up and took them home. The first mods being done on them, the first wheeling trips, and the first whining about them too. Neat experience seeing it grow from a press release to an actual vehicle and watching the forum grow from a few people with a few threads to what it is today.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I first found the forum in December of 2005 but didn't actually join until May of 2006 as I really didn't know what I was doing as this was the first forum I'd been around. I was searching for a new vehicle and didn't really like the Tacoma very well at the time and then found out about the FJ. It's been a neat ride seeing the FJ from the beginning when no one was sure what it would be like to having people placing orders and then the first photos being posted of then hitting the port storage lots. Then people posting photos of their FJs when they picked them up and took them home. The first mods being done on them, the first wheeling trips, and the first whining about them too. Neat experience seeing it grow from a press release to an actual vehicle and watching the forum grow from a few people with a few threads to what it is today.
Wow cool! Thanks for sharing! Yeah I joined in December 2011 but I bought the FJ in April 2011 and had definitely lurked on the forums before hand, this too was my first forum. :cheers:

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,517 Posts
Here in the UK I remember reading about the FJ and I even applied for one of the positions on the Trails Teams but knew there was no hope from here. Never read or even really knew about forums until much later and joined here when I decided I wanted to try and get an FJ.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,366 Posts
Long enough to know that 99.72% of all questions have been answered here in the blue room and people on Facebook get mad when told to use common sense researching skills that typically bring them to the blue room with answers to their questions.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Been lurking for a few years when I had my '08. After I bought my '13 TT I decided to join and been on here since 2012.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Since 2013. I lurked a good while before joining because my questions were mostly answered from google searches.
Heck, I barely ever log in now. When I need something I google "My Subject" + "fj cruiser forum".

Works 99% of the time!! This is such a great place full of FJC knowledge.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Joined 2 months before ordering my FJ in Febuary and received in May.Boy! Did that feel like a long wait and Japan seemed so far away :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
I had been reading the forum while I was looking for an FJ. Joined same day I bought Jade. Sept 13, 2015

Reactions: CabinCruiser

·
トヨタ Master
7,915 Posts
I was doing pretty good until 2016. Then I joined the forum, shortly after that I smoked my wallet and have never recovered. There oughtta be a 12 step program for FJ mods 'cuz this is unhealthy! :LOL:

Reactions: debFJVT and Lee44
1 - 20 of 36 Posts