Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 07 Black Cherry owner and was wondering how many Black Cherry FJ's were produced. I know that Toyota only did that color for one year then discontinued it but I was wondering just how rare they are?

·
Registered
954 Posts
My first fj was a blackcherry. I really like that color. I don't know how many were produced.
Alien

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The color Black Cherry was unique to the first year (2007) only. The production year ran from March 2006 thru September 2007, and about 100,000 FJ Cruisers were manufactured. There were five colors (Voodoo Blue, Black, Sun Fusion, Silver, and Black Cherry). I believe the signature color (Voodoo Blue) was the highest number produced, followed by Silver, Black, Sun Fusion, and finally Black Cherry. No one has access to the Toyota Hino Plant figures, but if I were to venture a guess, between 8,000 and 12,000 Black Cherry vehicles were produced. Also, within the 100,000 vehicles was a special edition total black (black roof) of about 2,000 vehicles.

Reactions: DenverFJCruiser

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I love my Black Cherry and I'm happy that there are so few out
Agreed. I still think Black Cherry is the best of all the colours, followed closely by the Tan FJ's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
agreed we black cherrys have one of the best colors offered for the FJ looks so good with black accenting

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that it is kind of wierd that Toyota won't reveal how many Black Cherry FJ's were produced.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I had herd 5000 somewhere and 1000 another Ive been trying to find out
Glad I got this one :)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I like to think we own the most rare version of the FJ. If only my paint wasn't so f-ed up, but that's my own fault...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I see a few in Edmonton. Doesn't look to be rare here.
But if we're worried about the colour maybe we should be driving Hondas. ;)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
There are two that I see around my neighborhood, and I've probably seen atleast 5 or 6 total in the area. They don't really seem that rare to me, although in Denver FJs are almost as popular as Jeeps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If anyone ever came up with a hard number I would love to know... Just put new shoes on mine and going to be blacking out all my silver in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I see more black cherry FJs in South Carolina than any other color - likely due to the University of South Carolina colors being garnet and black. Most all are still looking like new too, so I did not realize these were all already ten years old.

I see from think below they made the Auto Art 1:18 scale model in black cherry. Still trying to get a model in any color, but prices are just "lifted" too high if you know what I mean.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTOart-1-1...244423?hash=item41c1db3b07:g:YP8AAOSwuLZYyaIt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cross post. Interesting. I just picked my BC Fj last week. I'm located in the interior of British Columbia, and where I'm at there are just a ton of Jeeps and not very many Fj's...and when I see them they are usually in silver, blue, black...but this brought a smile yesterday. I'm on the right.

AF49295D-B7F3-430D-88C3-8ADFB9F453AF_1_201_a.jpeg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts