Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thumper25 said:
Does anyone know how many of each color are being made for 2007?
That's an interesting question. 46K for production seems to be the magic number around here, but I've never seen anything posted about the color % breakdowns. I too would be interested to know if Toyota determined this before launch or currently adjusting those figures based on statistics of how fast each color seems to be selling.

But then again, using those past numbers as research probably is not the best way to ultimately determine what the public wants seeing as I've read numerous posts about people (especially at initial launch) that wanted one color but couldn't wait and therefore bought a different color simply because it was available NOW, NOW, NOW.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Well, I always wanted the BC, so I didn't take much notice of the other colors.

I read somewhere here that Sun Fusion was supposed to be the most produced color. BC was ~ 10% of production. Black was supposed to be more than 10% - maybe 15%?

Can't remember about Voodoo Blue or Silver.

Of course, these were early predictions, before the FJ was actually released. I suppose it's possible that the mix of production colors has changed, based on buyer preferences...

Sandi

·
Registered
276 Posts
When I was in my 5-hour dealer marathon trying to find an FJ equipped the way I wanted it from the dealer's allocation.... the guy kept coming back with the "good news"... but wrong color scenario.

I'll never forget his face- he offered me a Black Diamond FJ, and I said that the only color other than Voodoo Blue I would consider buying is Voodoo Blue. (grin)

Actually, I would've gone for a Sun Fusion, too... but they weren't available either.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Over on Edmonds I read blue is the most produced color with yellow being the least. The others fall in between, but there were no specifics on numbers.
I do see a lot of blue ones, silver is next and then black cherry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is interesting that Sun Fusion is the least produced color, especially since it was a close third in the previous menitoned poll on this site. I guess you either love it or hate it. I guess if one color isn't popular, you might be able to deal with a dealer on it.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
bingo.5 said:
You're way off- there's 60 black ones and 2 cherrys! I thought doctors knew everything.
You'll excuse me, I've been awake for quite some time now:p

The good news is that I can see my blue FJC from here, where it's on top of the parking garage.

Soon I can drive it home.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
bingo.5 said:
You're way off- there's 60 black ones and 2 cherrys! I thought doctors knew everything.:D
Before we bought our sun fusion FJ we test drove BOTH cherry FJ's. Guess we should have bought one of those!:no: :D

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
MikeTMC said:
When I was in my 5-hour dealer marathon....the guy kept coming back with the "good news"... but wrong color scenario.
I got a good laugh out of that one. You're so right. Do they train these guys to NOT listen?

I walked in (or called) over 20 dealers...the first thing out of my mouth was always, "I'm ONLY looking for VB and MT"...2 seconds later it's either, "Oh great...we've got a VB, BUT it's AT...is that OK?" or "Great, you're in luck 'cause we've got 2 MT on the lot...would you consider yellow or silver?"

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
moby33 said:
I got a good laugh out of that one. You're so right. Do they train these guys to NOT listen?

I walked in (or called) over 20 dealers...the first thing out of my mouth was always, "I'm ONLY looking for VB and MT"...2 seconds later it's either, "Oh great...we've got a VB, BUT it's AT...is that OK?" or "Great, you're in luck 'cause we've got 2 MT on the lot...would you consider yellow or silver?"
Having been in that line of work(88/89) I can tell you that they DO train those guy's to do that! The problem with doing that with the FJ is they won't deal on the price to get you to buy what you don't want. That's the trick to pulling that move, make you color blind for the "right price".:alfdance:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
wrigman said:
Having been in that line of work(88/89) I can tell you that they DO train those guy's to do that! The problem with doing that with the FJ is they won't deal on the price to get you to buy what you don't want. That's the trick to pulling that move, make you color blind for the "right price".:alfdance:
Yeah, I totally hear you and I know that's the game they are playing...I just wish they did better training so sales people don't insult my intelligence. I'm not in sales & never have been, but this is what I think they should say instead of instantly proving they really were not listening to me when I say I'll ONLY take a certain color & MT:

"Oh, of course Mr. ONLY VB MT customer let me see what we have & I'll get right back to you. Sorry, I know you're set on the VB in MT...unfortunately we have no VBs in stock and the only 2 MT's we have on the lot are silver & yellow. I know that's not the colors you're looking for, so I guess we'll just have to give you a call when we get one in with the options you want."

Personally, I would respect and love that response. I'm not going to be swayed, but they didn't insult me with "Oh come on, you really don't care about the color."

It still would have the same affect on the buyer that talks a good game, but really isn't that set on a VB. That type of buyer would hear the sale person and say, "Wellllll....maybe I can look at the silver one, at least it has a MT & that's really the most important thing." Gotcha!

·
Registered
609 Posts
According to Ebay, every color is rare!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
crashq said:
That is interesting that Sun Fusion is the least produced color, especially since it was a close third in the previous menitoned poll on this site. I guess you either love it or hate it. I guess if one color isn't popular, you might be able to deal with a dealer on it.
I know that Sun Fusion is NOT the least produced color. Black Cherry will be, according to the media coverage and commentary here.

Way back in March, I posted my conundrum about this very issue - that IF I went with a MT, and IF I insisted on Black Cherry, I'd be trying to get that intersection of the rarest tranny AND the rarest color.

Thus the UP1 on my FJ. I took what I could get. :)

Sandi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts