Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was thinking it would cost me around $3000-$3500 total. I'm glad you guys jumped in and kept track! let the saving begin!!:grin

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Summit Registration: $175
4 nights at the Ampitheater Campground: $80
Beer and food to fill the cooler for the week: $60
Gas for a 600 mile round trip at an avg of 20mpg and avg fuel at $3.60: $108
Gas for ~100 miles of trail runs and getting back to Ouray at an avg of 15mpg and fuel at $4.09: $27

Grand total: $450

Unbeknownst to me at the time, there is free dispersed camping right next to the ampitheater, so I can do the same trip next year for $80 less.

·
Registered
381 Posts
What those guys said. Times six years and counting . . .

Worth every single cent! :)

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
OK - I'll take a stab:

3036 miles (just there an back) @ ~16 MPG = approx. $665
Meals on the way and back (estimated) = approx $40 (over 4 days)
Hotel stay in Manhattan, KS for one night = $120
Twin Peaks for Summit (minus pitching in from my roomate) = $500
Registration (plus hat and trasharoo) = $255
Beer for beer exchange = $42
Beer/meals while in Ouray (estimated) = $200
Jewlery and pottery for my wife for leaving her home = $300
Fuel for trails (estimated) = $50
Shackle from TRD4U = $10
Water on the way and back = $10
Raffle tickets = $100 (yep, I wasn't "that guy" and I won nothing)

Total = $2292

I'm sure I'm deliberately forgetting a few hundred, so let's call it $2500.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Approx $250 with most being for gas.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
And when your kids ask, are we going again next year????? (Please, please, or pretty please!!)

Money doesn't matter..... (I can always print more) LOL

:wink
Didn't bring them this time around, but they're definitely coming along next year!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The first few posts scared me a bit, not that it would deter me from going next year but that it could influence some mods. Now that I've seen that it can be done cheaper depending entirely on lodging/food/souvenirs I know that it's all just a matter of proper planning and if I take my other half or not(I know it would cost a lot more since I won't be able to talk her into camping in the back)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The first few posts scared me a bit, not that it would deter me from going next year but that it could influence some mods. Now that I've seen that it can be done cheaper depending entirely on lodging/food/souvenirs I know that it's all just a matter of proper planning and if I take my other half or not(I know it would cost a lot more since I won't be able to talk her into camping in the back)
The air mattress was really very comfortable. Plus no worries when it rains. Granted I was flying solo on a single but it worked.the only.part I removed was the bottom part of the rear seat that folded up. Made a level surface with the cool i sruffed there. Much easier to remove as well

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
If I had gone solo, my cost would have been half. While my gas cost was fixed, I would have saved $1000 on lodging and at least $350 on food, plus an unknown amount on useless crap. Mrs. K does not enjoy low-rent lodgings (e.g. 99% of Williams, AZ).

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
If I had gone solo, my cost would have been half. While my gas cost was fixed, I would have saved $1000 on lodging and at least $350 on food, plus an unknown amount on useless crap. Mrs. K does not enjoy low-rent lodgings (e.g. 99% of Williams, AZ).
I can't imagine what it would have cost if I had taken Mrs. Moose.
She would have found Silverton and then ...... :mecry:

First year always costs the most $$$ :lol:
If I get to go again, I won't be spending near as much!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
1300 miles pulling a trailer roundtrip $500 in fuel
2 Hotel stays there and back $250
CampGround fee for 5 days $200
Misc food, shopping and crap I didnt need but wanted to buy $600
Getting to drive my FJ40 and create memories for my family, priceless
Doing the Wall with open diffs in a standard, non EFI 42 year old LandCruiser I've owned for 20 years, extremely satisfying.
If you ever get the chance to experience the FJ Summit, make it happen, you won't regret it. :wink

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
More than I had in the bank, most of my available credit, most of my gas card credit.........BUT less than the awesome time I had. As such Summit 9 here I come.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I live 142 Miles from Ouray and somehow we spent $500 on stuff to camp in, 160 on a camping space, 144 on gas, and 1800 on stuff we bought while we were there... Not to mention the 315 70 17 Duratracs we put on the week before we went!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live 142 Miles from Ouray and somehow we spent $500 on stuff to camp in, 160 on a camping space, 144 on gas, and 1800 on stuff we bought while we were there... Not to mention the 315 70 17 Duratracs we put on the week before we went!
Well,
If you add up all the mods prior.....

$9000

21 - 40 of 58 Posts